Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

• Sponsors (?)

The guy that owned that car said that he had lots of rubbing up front and would prefer a smaller wheel up front too. I like performance and ride comfort so having some meat on rims is a must which would be nearly impossible with a 19" rim unless you jack up your car 4x4 style

But I do like the 18/19 stagger. Looks good to me. I think a 17/18 would look better though(or just 18's)
I wish I could go 17's, really. But not so much I'll go without the 325's.

Maybe I'll still find something else in an 18" or 17".

Reactions: 1 user
b1 lake.jpg

17's bfg comp2 245/45 and 275/40, same wheel well as you, go wider in the rear not bigger rim

Reactions: 1 users
Pretty car!

The problem I'm having is to fit the biggest tire I feel comfortable with to tuck up under the quarter lip (a 325) I have to go to at least a 19" wheel, or down to a 15".
To me...id go 15 w/ as much width as I could. It would resemble a "pro-street" look(which I like) and it would ride the nicest IMO. But that's just my .02 on aesthetics/purposed use. But a killer 18-19" true forged/and or billet specialties wheel would look badass also. It would cost a lot though(probably 1g for each wheel/tire).

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Since you are wheel shopping-maybe take a look at concave style rims. Mostly the Sn and new edge guys run them but I have seen this style on a few foxes and they look imo great. Just food for thought :)

I was thinking 12" wide. Do you know if they offer in that size?

I suppose I could stop being a lazy butt and check myself!

Reactions: 2 users
Buy a custom wheel and be done with it. Centerline makes about a bazillion different wheel patterns, and doesn't charge "Boyd" or Foose prices for a full on custom size.

I paid 1200 for the wheels on the red car, and they were done in a couple of weeks.
mycar2_zps7f92f4f1.jpg

I'm not telling you to like my wheel choice, I'm just saying that w/ a full custom wheel, you'll be able to build the spacing into the fronts to get past your coil overs, and get the backspacing perfect (even if they have to be staggered slightly) to where you can stuff the biggest tire that'll fit in back. It'll be different as well because they aren't the same OTS wheel that every single guy buys from everywhere else.

As for Myrtle beach.........Hope that your wife is a car girl. Else wise she'll be bored. Been there three times, all with the wife and/or family. The last time was the worst because the car events were not in the best interests of said family.

I liken it to snow skiing.

For those that like to snow ski, they have one thing that they want to do when going on that kind of vacation. Anybody else that comes along that isn't a skiier is looking for something else to do...........and you're there,.......for the skiing.....and now we have to find something else to do.

:dammit:

Reactions: 3 users
^^^^this. You can try and find a cookie cutter solution and likely not be wowed with the results or pay for what you want, because that is what you want and get it right out of the gate.

Not that it is important, but I got the whole bracket off on this side
image.jpg

Somehow this gives me a greater sense of accomplishment than when I just cut the left side off in pieces? It's still going into the same trash can though!:confused:

Come on Dave, I've been up since 5am waiting for an early morning update.
I didn't get to bed till 2:00 last night.

I have to buy groceries first thing this morning since what I have to do now is all kind of noisy on Doby.

I probably won't get back on it till after lunch, one problem with warmer weather and rain, my Bermuda is growing.

So, groceries, mowing, Doby.

What're you doing, anything on your car?