My 1st 12 second pass!!!

Grinding the calipers might help. I've done it on 2 of my 3 sn95's, but have no idea if it will work for the fox cars. I wouldn't hack up the breaks for .1-.2 though, unless you really plan to hit the track hard.

You will notice the gain on the street and track with the front runners.

:taco: the fox out if you get a chance!

With grinding the calipers on GT breaks, 15's will fit, but Im not too sure with Cobra brakes?

Great times. The 60' is good, but I think the car has some mid 12s with power shifting and a hard launch.

Also, this is a classic example of how a better 60' lowers trap speed.

Thanks bro. I wish I could power shift, but the trans needs a rebuild & the clutch cable needs to be replaced because its melted from the LT's...

Nice times man! Now get out there and see what the Mach will run! I'm sure she has some 12's in her. I'm trying to convince my granddad to start with some bolt ons for his Mach. :D

Thanks... The Mach will be out eventually, but it needs a little work right now. I will fill you guys in on that soon...

nice run!!

Thanks bro...

Congrats man! I have been itching to get to the track with my car for about 5 months now haha...this spring it will finally happen....and I can only wish and hope for some 11 second slips! I cant wait. Congrats agian!

Thanks... You car is capable of 11's IMO...

Welcome to the 12 second N/A club!

Thanks.. Its feels good...

Oh yea, meant to ask. What are the 1/8 ETs and traps?

Here ya go...

DSC_0019-1.jpg

thats some serious mph, some track practice and you could get to the low 12s. was it bogging out of hole or spinning? guessing your launch rpm was too low causeing it to hook and bog. try 5,000rpm launch, should net a 1.70, 12.5-12.6 at 110.

I was surprised by the MPH as well, I thought it was only gonna trap around 108-ish. I was launching at 5k, but it would bog because my timing with the clutch & gas was a bit off. I only got around 4 or so runs in, as the track was pretty packed....

Those are awesome times Dustin! COngrats man! I agree with above, whore out the notch with the M/T's on the back!! :nice:

Thanks Chris... Here ya go...

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012-1.jpg

DSC_0013-1.jpg

Great time dustin on the notch now get that sexy azz mach out there.

Thanks bro... Eventually the Mach will see the 1320...

Thats awesome dude. I really need to get my ass in gear and get my Stang fixed. It's been apart for about 3-4 months now. I really need to work on that hoss.

Thanks... Whats up with the GT?

Nice! I also think with that mph its capaple of some low 12's, like 12.2's or so. Now you should throw 100 shot on it and let it eat!!! Those 5.0 bottom ends are pretty stout. I've heard of plenty of guys running 150 shot on them without troubles.

Thanks Tim... I hope to see 12.2's 1 day with this combo, just gotta practice!!! I was thinking about doing a 100 shot down the road...

Those are good time and also a really good trap speed. To add on to what Tim said about nitrous, 91 and 92 5.0s came with forged pistons

Thanks. The pre 93 5.0's did have forged pistons, but unfortunately, my motor is out of a 93, so its got the hypers....

• Sponsors (?)

yeah definatly takes a few runs to get used to the "hook" of slicks, if it bogs at all you'll lose a lot of time. Also with drag radials I kinda slip the clutch, but with slicks I just dump it, first time I got a high rpm launch that hooked perfect I got huge a chub, haha

yeah definatly takes a few runs to get used to the "hook" of slicks, if it bogs at all you'll lose a lot of time. Also with drag radials I kinda slip the clutch, but with slicks I just dump it, first time I got a high rpm launch that hooked perfect I got huge a chub, haha

I agree. You know whats funny, my neck kinda hurts today, Im definitely not used to the feeling of hooking.

Nice times man. Sounds like a pretty strong combo you have working for you. As said, 110mph trap is good for low 12's on a strong launch.

Interested in hearing Mach details...:D

Thanks bro.... Yeah, for what it is, a mismatched HCI combo with an alphabet cam, & stock bottom end, it runs pretty strong...

Unfortunately the Mach details are NOT good details...:(

Thanks bro.... Yeah, for what it is, a mismatched HCI combo with an alphabet cam, & stock bottom end, it runs pretty strong...

Unfortunately the Mach details are NOT good details...:(

Rut-Row on the mach! Whats wrong????

And witht he cobra brakes you willprobably have to run a 1" spacer up front for skinnies to fit OR you are going to need to grind the crap out of the cailpers with a small spacer....but would look nasty on bid and skinnies

Dustin....curious...how was the car on the top end? I know you were only trapping 110mph but some say running a bias ply in the rear with regular radials up front will cause some top end sway? Any feelings at top end??? Thanks!

Rut-Row on the mach! Whats wrong????

And witht he cobra brakes you willprobably have to run a 1" spacer up front for skinnies to fit OR you are going to need to grind the crap out of the cailpers with a small spacer....but would look nasty on bid and skinnies

Dustin....curious...how was the car on the top end? I know you were only trapping 110mph but some say running a bias ply in the rear with regular radials up front will cause some top end sway? Any feelings at top end??? Thanks!

Unfortunately, due to Fords excellent quality control on the 03/04 32V heads, the Mach has low compression in a few cylinders on the driver side, which I am almost certain is due to the head tick & valve issues. Its gonna need a rebuild, & will hopefully be getting 1 asap...

As far as on the top end, the car did have bit of sway near the end of the track, but nothing unmanageable...

They are expensive, but I think Bogart makes a skinny front that will clear big brakes. Just have to call them and ask.

Those are bad@$$, but I doubt I will ever spring for a set of them...

Unfortunately, due to Fords excellent quality control on the 03/04 32V heads, the Mach has low compression in a few cylinders on the driver side, which I am almost certain is due to the head tick & valve issues. Its gonna need a rebuild, & will hopefully be getting 1 asap...

As far as on the top end, the car did have bit of sway near the end of the track, but nothing unmanageable...

Yeah, I guess I will just have to take it easy on the first couple passes. I am thinking with my rear suspension it will not be to bad, but Ill just feel the car out I guess

And man, thats a bummer on the car....so...going low comp. forged or high comp??? :D

Yeah, I guess I will just have to take it easy on the first couple passes. I am thinking with my rear suspension it will not be to bad, but Ill just feel the car out I guess

And man, thats a bummer on the car....so...going low comp. forged or high comp??? :D

What rear suspension do you have?

Yup, definitely a bummer. I'm not sure what the plan is yet at this point? I will keep you guys posted though.

Double Adj. UCAs, MM Adj. LCA's, MM Pan hard bar and then the MM Adj. Rear sway bar. So I am hoping it will keep the rear end more solid at the top end....well see I guess

That is a pretty solid setup, & with slicks, it should net you a good 60 ft. with the right launch...

Damn, that sucks about the Mach. I'm sure it will be back bigger and badder than before.

Tell me about it, its definitely a bummer for a 55k mile car to have a hurt motor, especially since I still owe on the car. It WILL be back soon though!!!

sounded like you launched kinda how I do with DR's, where you kinda feather gas until just before launch, then gas and release clutch simultaneously. With slicks I usually give it about half or quarter throttle or however much it takes to hold it steady at 5k rpms (which is kinda hard to do cause you gotta watch staging lights and the tach) then on lauch I dump clutch and hammer gas.

not hating, my first launch with slicks was terrible, haha, car fell flat on its face, as the saying goes

sounded like you launched kinda how I do with DR's, where you kinda feather gas until just before launch, then gas and release clutch simultaneously. With slicks I usually give it about half or quarter throttle or however much it takes to hold it steady at 5k rpms (which is kinda hard to do cause you gotta watch staging lights and the tach) then on lauch I dump clutch and hammer gas.

not hating, my first launch with slicks was terrible, haha, car fell flat on its face, as the saying goes

I can't help but laugh at the launch. :lol: Sounded real mean, squacked the tires, then it nearly died. It'd be really fun to try slicks sometime though.

LOL... I laughed at the launch too fellas. Don't go too hard on me though, I have never launched on slicks before in my life... That was only my 3rd launch on those things, as you know, its MUCH, MUCH different than launching on street tires...