My 1st 12 second pass!!!

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
Already posted this in 5.0 talk, but I want to share it with my 4.6 brethren too...

My buddies finally convinced me to take the notch out to the track & I am very pleased with the results.

My best pass was....

12.97 @110.5mph

with a crappy 1.93 60ft.

This was only my 2nd time ever running any of my cars at the track, & only my 1st time running a car on full slicks, but I must say I am happy with the outcome of my 1st time out in the notch. A little work on my 60 ft, & I can see the times getting a bit quicker.

BUT, since I knew there was more in it, I let my buddy who is much more experienced run it, & his time was...

12.75 @110.06

with a 1.75 60ft

I know these are not amazing times, but for a stock bottom end HCI 302 with no suspension mods, I think there not too shabby...

• Sponsors (?)

Great times D!

It's nice knowing that you have two 12 second cars in the stable. Not to mention they dirty, get no attention, and have never been detailed!:p

Congrats!

Mark

Great times D!

It's nice knowing that you have two 12 second cars in the stable. Not to mention they dirty, get no attention, and have never been detailed!:p

Congrats!

Mark

Thanks Mark...

I can't officially call the Mach a 12 second ride until I pull some times though...

Both cars are actually filthy right now too LOL... The notch looks mean with the 15" welds & M/T's out back though , just wish I could fit the skinnys up front, but Im not too sure how to get them to fit with the Cobra brakes...

Thanks Mark...

I can't officially call the Mach a 12 second ride until I pull some times though...

Both cars are actually filthy right now too LOL... The notch looks mean with the 15" welds & M/T's out back though , just wish I could fit the skinnys up front, but Im not too sure how to get them to fit with the Cobra brakes...

Grinding the calipers might help. I've done it on 2 of my 3 sn95's, but have no idea if it will work for the fox cars. I wouldn't hack up the breaks for .1-.2 though, unless you really plan to hit the track hard.

You will notice the gain on the street and track with the front runners.

:taco: the fox out if you get a chance!

Congrats man! I have been itching to get to the track with my car for about 5 months now haha...this spring it will finally happen....and I can only wish and hope for some 11 second slips! I cant wait. Congrats agian!

thats some serious mph, some track practice and you could get to the low 12s. was it bogging out of hole or spinning? guessing your launch rpm was too low causeing it to hook and bog. try 5,000rpm launch, should net a 1.70, 12.5-12.6 at 110.

Nice! I also think with that mph its capaple of some low 12's, like 12.2's or so. Now you should throw 100 shot on it and let it eat!!! Those 5.0 bottom ends are pretty stout. I've heard of plenty of guys running 150 shot on them without troubles.

Nice! I also think with that mph its capaple of some low 12's, like 12.2's or so. Now you should throw 100 shot on it and let it eat!!! Those 5.0 bottom ends are pretty stout. I've heard of plenty of guys running 150 shot on them without troubles.

I would think that his sixty foot would have to be in the 1.5 area to see 12.2x's at 110mph. What do you think? :shrug:

D, what is your race weight?

I would think that his sixty foot would have to be in the 1.5 area to see 12.2x's at 110mph. What do you think? :shrug:

D, what is your race weight?

my best it 12.2 at 110, with 1.65 60fts. Ive seen a good amount of 110mph cars that dip 11s

+1 on the spray, if you run it super rich it'll be perfectly safe, will sacrific power, but very safe.

I used to have a 150 shot with the jacobs mastermind, has some really cool safty functions