my insurance co. will not give me full coverage on my 00 roush, who will?

Nov 20, 2011
i just tried to insure my 00 roush fully thru geico. they informed me that they would only do liability do to the mods???? they said they don fully cover shelbys,saleens,roush, ect... so where the hell do i get insurance. and how much???

• Sponsors (?)

Don't go to any companies that have to use TV commercials. Personally I'm 1000% satisfied with American Family. I've heard good things about USAA too.

Remember, this is where you have the power--the insurance company is YOUR customer YOU hired--not the other way around (insurance companies tend to forget this), so you can leave them and go elsewhere.

none of them are goint to cover mods unless its collector car insurance. they will insure you under a stock vehicle. if you wreck they will pay out what the stock vehicle is wortlh. collector coverage will be different if you quailify

:scratch: You've never seen an American Family insurance commercial?

Not in my area? *shrug*:shrug: Lots of Allstate ones though, which I used to have.

If your company is good they should be willing to insure your mods--as long as you are forthcoming enough with them to *tell* them you modded the car and provide receipts, and pay higher/as agreed insurance premiums to cover them. If you don't tell them, then of course they will only pay out for a stock car, but if you tell them, you should be able to work something out to cover the mods or at least a portion of their value in case of a wreck.

Yeah, shop around. You have options. I'm with Esurance right now and they have an option to have vehicle modifications covered. So did my previous insurance (a regional company, Erie).

So check around...if you are willing to pay extra to cover the insurance for the mods there are many companies that will cover you.

Lots of race tracks offer an insurance policy for the day if your insurance won't cover you while racing. I just take my chances... I don't think I'll crash and the people that I race, if they crash, they'll be far enough behind me to worry about.... :rlaugh: