My polishing nightmare.... i mean projects

Dan95-5.0

Jun 14, 2003
Manitoba, Canada
been doing some work over the slow winter polishing a few things. still have a few more things i want to polish on the car before it comes out of storage so it can go under the knife again

so far i polished a satin Professional products intake. pain in the ass to do. it has a lot of fins on it that seperates each runner so theres not alot of large flat areas to do. i just went over the intake once with tripoli. i still want to go over some areas on it. i'm going to paint inbetween the fins on the plenum plate black and those 4 inserts in the middle too. i should of gotten the polished version from the getgo but this one was used and i got it cheap and locally

i polished up a kirban regulator i bought took me about a easy hour to do. no white rouge either.

i did some searching and posting and found out all the bolt sizes for the water pump, timing cover, valve covers, intake, and thermostat housing.
these turned out pretty cool and wasnt hard to do. no white rouge

here are the pics

DSC09566.jpg

DSC09565.jpg

DSC09567.jpg

DSC09568.jpg

DSC09530.jpg

DSC09514.jpg

DSC09511.jpg

i still want to polish my belt tensioner, remove the clear off the rest of my march pullies and polish, and powersteering pump.

Attachments

• DSC09566.jpg
    DSC09566.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC09565.jpg
    DSC09565.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC09567.jpg
    DSC09567.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC09568.jpg
    DSC09568.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC09530.jpg
    DSC09530.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 41
  • DSC09514.jpg
    DSC09514.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC09511.jpg
    DSC09511.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Sponsors (?)

xr8d302 said:
Canadian's first Urban....

I'm sending you my shortblock to polish, Dan

dont give me any ideas LOL

i can barely polish enough on my own time let alone for some one else. i loose motivation quick when i'm sanding in the early stages seeing alot of pits or places i missed. then once i hit it with some tripoli, i get really into it.

what i do to polish is sand the item depeding on how deep the pits are. normally like on this intake i started with 120, 220, and 320. then i wet sand with 400 sometimes 600. after i attach a sewn buffing wheel to a hand drill and apply tripoli. going over small areas at a time. i wanted to try something different so i started with black emery to get the deeper scratches out. on smaller items i use a bench grinder with a sewn buffing wheel. for the white rouge use a loose buffing wheel.

i have a small kit when i first started polishing a few years ago but recently, i go this kit for christmas.

http://www.enkaypolishing.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4

good kit. can be had cheaper tho.

thanks for the compliment guys.

i can barely polish enough on my own time let alone for some one else. i loose motivation quick when i'm sanding in the early stages seeing alot of pits or places i missed. then once i hit it with some tripoli, i get really into it.

what i do to polish is sand the item depeding on how deep the pits are. normally like on this intake i started with 120, 220, and 320. then i wet sand with 400 sometimes 600. after i attach a sewn buffing wheel to a hand drill and apply tripoli. going over small areas at a time. i wanted to try something different so i started with black emery to get the deeper scratches out. on smaller items i use a bench grinder with a sewn buffing wheel. for the white rouge use a loose buffing wheel.

i have a small kit when i first started polishing a few years ago but recently, i go this kit for christmas.

http://www.enkaypolishing.com/index....WPROD&ProdID=4

good kit. can be had cheaper tho.

thanks for the compliment guys.

That kit rules! I'm totally buying one when I get done with my other crap!

It looks pretty nice! Kinda sucks you had to start with 120 on that thing, what a pain in the ass.

ya, i started with a satin. i was cheap and local. i payed $240 Canadian for the upper, lower, stock 19 lbs. injectors, fuel rails, regulator, wiring harness, heater tubes, and thermostat housing. to bad most of it is for a FOX, i'll just end up selling most of it.

ya, 120 sand scratches suck

i made a post some time ago asking for the sizes. i did alot of searching but i eventually found them all. i posted it in the link but here they are again. hopefully these are the right sizes, havent tried them out yet lol. some bolts i had to get smaller because they didnt have in my size where i went

i bought all these in stainless steel. they should last

Water pump/timing cover
the thread size is 5/16 -18. here are the measurements:
(2) 1 1/4 in. long
(2) 2.000 in. long
(2) 2.1/4 in. long
(1) 2.1/2 in. long
(4) 3.1/4 in. long
(2) 4.1/4 in. long

Valve Cover

the thread size is 1/4 - 20 thread,
(12) 1 in. long