My Winter Project- JYTT 5.0, Megasquirt, etc.

Blakthorn said:
Way to advanced for me, I dont have the skills to wire and solder that up like you do. Should I buy the already set kit, or find someone (HINT HINT) who love to wire it for a fellow enthusiast

:)

LOL well you could buy the premade kit or you COULD find someone who would love to wire it... Hint Hint.. The only thing is you may want to make sure the guy who've you've paid big big bucks to :D gets his OWN car running correctly first.. Then the confidence level will be much higher. :) :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

hahah good point Blackthorn!
And thank you. I plan on making lots of progress this weekend.. Although at the rate the weather's going I won't be able to ENJOY the car for at least another 5 months.. sheez..

As for the MS, I got it from DIYAUTOTUNE.COM. The price was very good, I think I paid $139 for the MS itself. V.2.2. I am doing distributor, stock ignition for now. I'm not going to have the MS control spark until I get myself an MSD 6a. For now it'll just be handling the fuel portion.

UPDATE! I got a little bit done this weekend- It was a very busy one, so I didn't get as much time out there as I'd hoped..
Driver's side, hung:
2034737_20_full.jpg

2034737_21_full.jpg

I don't have the return piping done for this side, but it shouldn't be too bad.. pretty much a straight shot.

Passenger Side:
2034737_22_full.jpg

As you can see they weren't lining up properly for me yet. A little more work and they will, on this side. It was 1 AM on Saturday by then, so I just quit. sometimes it's best to stop when you're tired and a bit frustrated and look at it the next day.
I'm trying to fit the turbos in the engine bay without cutting too much of the inner fender. This is taking some 'creativity' as there is NOT much room there.
Either tonight or tomorrow I'll have more updates.

So I found out the other day thanks to Turbomustangs.com that the turbos have to be sitting as close to level as they can. Therefore, my first attempt at setup was not going to work. Here is my SECOND ATTEMPT at this:
2034737_23_full.jpg

Here's the hole. It's a bit too small to start, but it's ALWAYS easier to remove more than it is to add more..

2034737_24_full.jpg

Test fit and (re)starting the plumbing.....

Thoughts? Does anyone still care about this? More pics tomorrow, I'll have a while to work on this tonight.

Thanks everybody! I honestly haven't had time to tackle ignition yet. I'm going to start out with distributor cuz i already have it, it's costing me nothing, and will get the job done. Later on there's always room for improvement right? :) Coil packs, yeah that's a good idea. I will check into that in the future. As for now, I'm sticking with this frankly because I've almost totally depleted my project fund. Which is OK, cuz I have 99% of what I need to get this thing moving again, I think.
Thanks for the compliments guys! It's coming along. .

Yeah, this part is tough. I almost feel like i'm spending too much time here. I especially regret buying someone else's piping. I bought it cuz I was new to JYTT stuff, and thought I could save some time. Nope. I am remaking all the plumbing as I want it. I could have saved some money just buying flages, etc.. Oh well, live n learn. Just like redoing my stuff like 3 times so far.. I'm sticking with this setup as it is. :)
A lil update:

2034737_25_full.jpg

2034737_26_full.jpg

This is how far I got last night. Got the wastegate housing cut and welded properly.. I got the pipe from the header to the turbo done too. It took a while to do to get it to sit correctly, but it's done. I didn't get pics of the turbo clocked properly with the wastegate arm on yet, but will soon. . I need to start the other part of the exhaust now.. Sheesh..

As for the headers, they're just stock headers, flipped and reversed. That's it. I'll get something 1- 5/8" later on, but again, free, and available... :)
Yeah, I'll have to have some sort of protection for my filters. Not sure what yet, but something will be there.

you're not using external wategate's?

aren't you now going to have to mount the solenoid's (sp) somewhere on top of the turbo?

i'm a little confused about that...I think it may just be easier for external, and you could have them down around the bottom of the motor somewhere outta sight.

Also, not sure if you already mentioned it, but where's the outlet pipe?

however, keep up the good work & keep the pics flowing!!!

No, I'm using internal 'gates. The diafragms will be behind the fender. I am planning on cutting a little bit bigger a hole for clearance for this, but when I was building this section of the pipe for ease of moving it in and out so many times I didn't put it on yet.
The exit pipe isn't done yet.. One step at a time.

LOL I wish I had cash too.. I'd just buy a Hellion kit and be done with it. But then again, what's the fun in THAT? :) Thanks again guys. I didn't get anything done tonight like I wanted. Maybe tomorrow night I will get some work done out there! Definitely this weekend at some point. Today the weather was REALLY nice and I was itching. I gotta get it done soon.. :)