Need Help

Lindsay Grossman

Oct 15, 2016
I have a 2002 mustang V6 automatic.
1 week ago I changed the alternator. The car was running fine for a few hours then just died while I was driving. The car would crank but not start. The lights worked et . Where the mileage usually is was dashes. After checking the wiring my boyfriend came the conclusion it was the pcm so I bought a used programmed pcm put it in the car the mileage came on I called a locksmith to do a parameter reset for my keys and the car started. It worked perfectly for 2 days then died again on the highway. Same thing would crank and not start. I took the PCM I bought off and brought it back and they tested it and they said it was ok. The mileage is being shown, the car is cranking and not starting. You can hear the fan is on. I assume that's the fail safe mode. I towed it to an mechanic that deals with electrical issues but he can't seem to locate the short. Does any one have any ideas? I don't understand why it worked for 2days when the PCM changed and died again if it was a short then why did it even start for those 2days and not start now? I don't want to bring it to a dealer but I don't know what else to do or where to tell the mechanic to check.all the ground wires are OK ccrm ok fuses checked and are ok. Relays are OK. Please help I need my car.

• Sponsors (?)