Wheels-Tires Need Some Help - Brakes Upgrade/Wheel fitment

Assuming you used some adapter brackets for the brakes? The 94-04 brackets will not work as is or you can modify them or do use something like these:


Read through this whole thread on modifying the brackets. The last two posts show how to do it the best way.


As far as the brake lines that is mentioned in the above thread as well.
 
About finished getting the 94-98 rear end ready for the swap. I cleaned, primered and painted it, installed fox length axles. Just waiting on the sn95 rotors and new pads.

I have the factory sn95 stock hardlines on the rear end, I just need to clarify what fitting/adapter etc I need to connect the Fox brake supply line to the T fitting on the rear end.

Some info I find says 3/8"-24 Inverted Flare Female to 7/16"-24 Inverted Flare Male adapter fitting, while others say its 3/8 -24 on both ends. My fox is an 86 v6 car.

1791162729474.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: Potomus Pete
You will need to install this piece which you may already have but it’s hard to tell:


Then you need this piece:


Watch the video on how this installs. It’s at the bottom of the LMR page.

Then you will need to reroute the rear brake line from running all the way down the passenger side to half way down and then transition to in the driveshaft tunnel to connect to the piece in the link directly above.
 
I can't see in your pic of the rear end, did you change or adapt the caliper axle bracket or is it stock SN. If still stock and not relocated the stock SN rotors will not work with the Fox axles. Post a pic of the axle end area and we should be able to confirm or better advise if something needs to change.
 
You will need to install this piece which you may already have but it’s hard to tell:


Then you need this piece:


Watch the video on how this installs. It’s at the bottom of the LMR page.

Then you will need to reroute the rear brake line from running all the way down the passenger side to half way down and then transition to in the driveshaft tunnel to connect to the piece in the link directly above.
Thank you , you had posted that before for me. I thought it was just a bracket to hold line in place. Now I see that its a fitting to adapt .
I can't see in your pic of the rear end, did you change or adapt the caliper axle bracket or is it stock SN. If still stock and not relocated the stock SN rotors will not work with the Fox axles. Post a pic of the axle end area and we should be able to confirm or better advise if something needs to change.
Yes I did the cut and move brackets to opposite inside of flange method. Already confirmed they fit with the old rotors.