Needing info on 18" wheels on 89 lx

aty89lxhatch

Jan 23, 2019
Tennessee
I am wanting to run Aodhan DS05's on my 89 lx. I was wanting to run 18x8.5 with +35 offset on the front and 18x9.5 with either +35,+30 or +22 on the rear. I know ill have to get rid of the quad shock and maybe roll the fenders. I Was wondering what offset would be the best fitment and what size axle I would have to use as well?

• Sponsors (?)

I ran 18x9's all the way around. 255/40 front and 285/35 rear. Sorry I don't remember the offset but they were Eagle Alloys for the standard SN 95 car. Mine's an '88. Yes to removing the quads. Yes to rolling the fenders. I also took various hammers and rolled the inner fender area anywhere that I could. Had no issues at all.

I am having trouble measuring the distance from the inner fenderwell to the wheel mounting surface as well as to the outer fender and could use a little help with wheel offset. Would I have clearance issues with a set of 16x8 with a 20mm offset wheels on an 88 LX? I need to buy axles for this project since I am going 5 lug and am currently on a turbocoupe rear axle so I am considering 98 Mustang axles to keep the track width which is 3/4" further out per side.

tool.jpg
tool2.JPG

Do this. All you need is a piece of angle cut to length, a piece of all-thread, and a couple nuts.

Reactions: 1 users