Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 7.3 godzilla

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 408 ci or more Windsor

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
  • Sponsors (?)

Well it has been awhile with no update. Progress on the car stalled at the body shop for awhile, but things have finally picked back up and it is almost ready for paint. With traveling for work and delays in the body shop I have mostly been working on honey do list items to be free for when I get the car back.

Almost ready for paint...

Honey Do List...

Engine build

I ended up having to wait for over a month for the right water pump gasket because I somehow tore the one I had on hand while moving parts around. I also just realized I have the wrong size studs for the pick up mount and windage tray. I ended up ordering 351W parts since the dart block are 1/2 over 7/16. I will have those tomorrow so I can wrap up the bottom end and start putting the heads on to measure for push rods.

Slowly but surely...

Reactions: 3 users
Nice - sad on the stall at the bodyshop
It has been 6 months now and I was originally quoted 2 but I don't want to rush him.

I am finally measuring for the pushrods this weekend. I put the studs in, slipped the heads on, and put the intake on so I could get a look at what the final product will be.

20231020_151734.jpg

20231020_153357.jpg

20231020_153742.jpg

20231020_153911.jpg

20231020_154008.jpg

Attachments

• 20231020_154008.jpg
    20231020_154008.jpg
    696.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20231020_182117.jpg
    20231020_182117.jpg
    747.3 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: 1 user
No oil in the pan? Get one welded in, just me say'n.
As for body shop 'jail', it always takes longer for even 'good' body/paint job. Stay on top of it, we have another member here found out missing parts happen. :(

I figured it would be a good bit longer and I am trying to not pester him too much. I'd rather he take his time than rush it. I saw that thread last night and it made me a little nervous with everything I have left with my guy. I think I'm going to take your advice and take it to a buddy that welds for a living. I have been thinking about asking him if I could pay him to show me the ropes of mig welding. I have always wanted to learn but never taken the time.

So I talked to my buddy and I am going to have him weld it in. He is also going to help me learn mig. I measured for the push rods and ordered them so I'm not far from wrapping the engine up. A little more progress was made in the body shop but I'm not holding my breath on it being completed anytime soon. In the mean time I will start prepping some of the suspension and work on learning to mig weld.

So I am replacing my door handles because they are not in great shape. I bit the bullet and ordered the new low profile LMR door handles to try out. Do yall think I should go body color or black to match the trim? I'm thinking body color and the door lock chrome or black handle and black door lock. The car is Ultra Blue and Silver.