New Fox Owner..where do i start?

TweekedGT

Jul 22, 2004
Alberta
Hey guys, new to the fox world but have had Mod Mustangs for a long time. Where do I start to mod my new beast? It's an 88 notch. Here's the mod list:
T-5
B303cam ( ithought it was an E303 but was wrong)
3.73 gears
36#injectors
200lph fuel pump
150 Shot Nitrous System
Tweecer chip?
Ported polished heads
Aftermarket Intake
90mm Lightning MAF

I want to m ake serious power. It is going to be a track car. Should I get a different block or will the stock 306 block handle big power. (I want to see 10's at the track). Should i do a 347 stroker or a 351 out to a 408? I really don't know where to start with these cars, the options are endless compared to the mod motors. Where are some good places to buy parts for these cars?

• Sponsors (?)

stroking stock blocks is really a waste of time as they will crack, all motor they will hold, but def not with a 150 shot, on the 306 a 150 shot is fine, but not being stroked out. IMO if you want to make big cheap power, 408 is the way togo, a 408 with a 150 or 200 shot on it will go 9's, with the supporting drivetrain, your stock T-5 will not hold a 408 for long even N/A, the stock rear will hold up but not for long, all you need is a better trans, 31 splines, some type of diff and a gear

Dont forget chassis stuff too like SFCs and battleboxes

New, beefier block. 331 forged stroker kit, blower. Hello 10's :D Of course the T-5 ain't gonna hold up to that. I would go with a Gforce t-5 with straight cut gears and matching clutch. Get the frame shored up with some full length subs and a set of battle boxes (torque box reinforcements), 6 point roll cage (required for the times your looking for), 5-lug conversion with 31 spline axles and disk brakes...ithe list keeps going and going btw :) If I were you make sure that frame is good and stiff, that is a weak point on our cars. Full length Sub-frame connectors and BB's are relitivley cheap. Just make sure everything is welded, not bolted. It will save you a LOT of headaches. Good luck! And welcome to the club :nice: