newb here just thought I would share my find 95 cobra w/25k orig miles

jobe3636

Sep 19, 2009
mass
bit about me back in the mid 90's had a 1992 lx that I converted to a saleen clone all orig saleen parts nobody was the wiser then came the motor build I was the first around to have a blower car full cage fuel system built motor and every paycheck I got went to that car and every free moment I had was turning wrench's for 2 full years at 23 I had a 585hp car that I just kept throwing money into after a couple of years I made the biggest mistake I sold the car the grown up thing to do right ?? I know now what a mistake I made!!! anyways played with a a few more mustangs over the years then came marriage, kids and house but everynight I would search ebay, craigslist, want,ad like a mad man for another mustang for years nothing I found was up to par so now its like 8 years later I'm on looking I come across this I wanted a foxbody but how could I let this pass a 95 cobra with 25k orig miles no paintwork other than the cobra r hood added looks like it rolled of the showroom floor guy wanted 15500.00 I watched the price drop to 10k obo I went there rich guy had it started asking questions about the car guy said I have no idea I just liked the color of the car and the sound and I bought it last year for 15k from the orig owner. and he gave a binder filled w/paperwork svt certificate all maintence records and performance upgrades original bill of sale from 95 for 24999.00 me and my wife were like omg so I said thanks for his time I needed to think about it after some haggleing I brought her home were she belonged with a a real mustang guy for 7800.00 cash and were she will stay untill my dieing day p.s I meet my wife she had a 1995 cobra and i had the saleen clone so this car is like our second child soon to come the blower ! just thought I would share the story sorry if I bored anyone but I'm one sure happy guy!!!

Attachments

• 6173_103045229706278_100000024053610_81357_4278498_n.jpg
    6173_103045229706278_100000024053610_81357_4278498_n.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 163
  • Sponsors (?)

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

Sounds like you got a good deal on that low mileage '95. +1 on getting the original documentation and the binder full of its history as well. Any engine pictures btw? What kind of performance mods did it already have and what have you added? :shrug:

Welcome aboard. :cheers:

Sounds like you got a good deal on that low mileage '95. +1 on getting the original documentation and the binder full of its history as well. Any engine pictures btw? What kind of performance mods did it already have and what have you added? :shrug:
heres a list of the mods that were already done to the car when I bought it power slot rotors front and rear, real cobra r hood stamped with part number ,euro antenna, motorsport 355's screaming demon coil, live wires, march underdrive pullies, saleen wheels with good year eagle f1"s 18x9 in the front 18x10.5 in the rear stainless steel brake lines,tokico shocks and struts,eibach springs,black 1997 rear lights modeso carbon fibre cold air induction kit, grip rear lower control arms bbk headers, bassani x pipe, into slp loud mouth mufflers a bit loud for my taste lol since I got her all I did was add the blk out covers ,the snake emblem in the grill and the cobra r center caps on the wheels instead of the saleen ones, I have a couple of questions like I said have been out of the mustang thing for awhile I wanted a supercharged foxbody but now I have this and as far as making it mine I want to add a blower I was thinking on an s-trim and paint the mirrors to match the car any ideas from you guys would be great thanks for the warm welcome heres a pic of the motor.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 135
...I want to add a blower I was thinking on an s-trim and paint the mirrors to match the car any ideas from you guys would be great thanks for the warm welcome heres a pic of the motor...

Looks like you got some good mods. Clean engine bay btw. :nice:

It seems like the 94/95s respond well to supercharging. Look around our dedicated 94-95 "tech" and "talk" sections specific advice regarding 94/95s. (try running searches for keywords, such as "Vortech" and "supercharger," etc). There is some good info to be found in the 94/95 section.

94/95 tech: 5.0 Mustang - 94-95 Tech at StangNet

94/95 talk: 94-95 Tech - 94-95 Talk at StangNet

I'm in the same boat as you with the '94 in my sig (just picked it up earlier this month), so I'm still learning about them... :D

Gorgeous Cobra! :nice: Friend of mine locally has a 95 2-top Cobra. Absolutely stunning cars, and with low mileage it's great! I picked up my 95 GTS with 86k on it, and thought THAT was good for the age of the car.

oh p.s guys I search ebay and craigslist everyday there are alot of deals popping up because of the economy the guy I got my car from had it listed for 15k and he dropped every week went down to 10k and I offered him 7800.00 cash and he took it ! It's sad to say but in this economy is bad and people are parting with toys keep your eyes peeled winter is coming and on the east coast more toys will be popping up alot of saleens on c/l boston and cobras good luck happy hunting