Resolved Nick's '94 Cobra

Threads that have been [Resolved] by the OP or Moderator
  • Sponsors (?)

Either an old Edelbrock Victor EFI (short runner EFI style intake) or a TFS R (not Box R) if I can get my hands on an R lower manifold. They are no longer made, and are different from the Street/Track heat.
Gotcha. I had that intake on the list when I was going to do a 363 or 400, 408, or 427. Now I'll likely do a 331 stroker and probably use an edelbrock performer 2 like what I now have on my 302. I have one more car to build and actually the 302 that's in the 94 Cobra that I just restored, I might do a 331 stroker for it as well. But my son has me on to those scat pack widebodies now and so I might have to pull the trigger lol. If I do then I'll really wait to build the 95. I gotta get more room though so going to do a 30x60 4 bay garage with a 2 post lift.

The Scats are fun, and great daily drivers. I had a 6 speed 2016 Scat Pack Challenger for a hot minute.

20220926_185454.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I really like the look of the Challenger. I'd gotten a few as rentals here and there while I was travelling. I didn't like how it handled (V8's included) but I never did drive any of their "Sports" versions. Just base V6 and V8s. I'd hope that the SCAT Pack versions handle a bit better?

On your drivetrain setup, since it sounds like you're tearing it all down anyhow, consider a full weight billet steel flywheel since you're going through all the efforts for streetability. It [does] make a difference and your trans might even thank you. :D

I really like the look of the Challenger. I'd gotten a few as rentals here and there while I was travelling. I didn't like how it handled (V8's included) but I never did drive any of their "Sports" versions. Just base V6 and V8s. I'd hope that the SCAT Pack versions handle a bit better?

On your drivetrain setup, since it sounds like you're tearing it all down anyhow, consider a full weight billet steel flywheel since you're going through all the efforts for streetability. It [does] make a difference and your trans might even thank you. :D
I've actually considered that, but only for the ease of starting from a dead stop. My tuner and I have decided to start with an intake swap only, as the cam in my 347 in the Fox had even more overlap, yet he had it driving better than the SN. From there I very well may swap out the flywheel. Baby steps though. Im having to work on my patience and not jumping in too deep unnecessarily.