Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

Almost made it out of my tuner’s little town before being pulled over. Not quite, but almost.

AB357299-9595-4FBE-BE4B-F801F2B5FD2B.jpeg

I was testing the throttle response in third gear at low rpms, just blipped it. That was all the officer who was parked right next to the road needed. That little blip of the throttle put me at 39 in a 25. Luckily even having no registration nor proof of insurance physically on me, he gave me a warning. I love small towns.

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I don’t think so, but he was nice. I think being I just blipped it rather than floored it, as well as the fact I didn’t have a drop of alcohol in my system, he cut me a break. I told him it had just been tuned by one of his fine citizens, and was going home to be parked and worked on more. There would be no hell raising for a while yet, and I’d keep it out of his town when it was ready, lol.

Benefits of being older and driving a Mustang.

When I was 17 in my car, a throttle rev got me pulled over.

Couple years back, grabbing rubber in 2nd in front of a cop got me a verbal and a "nice car"

Btw...how's it running

Benefits of being older and driving a Mustang.

When I was 17 in my car, a throttle rev got me pulled over.

Couple years back, grabbing rubber in 2nd in front of a cop got me a verbal and a "nice car"

Btw...how's it running

It’s running really good. It’s only issue is a small amount of bucking in 1st and 2nd under 1600 rpm. However with the 108 lsa on the cam, I am ok with it. I just cruise at 2k or above in those gears. During deceleration in that range, he cut off the fuel and that stopped the decel bucking.

Full throttle it pulls hard. We are waiting for the weather to warm up before fully leaning it out. He sorted my laptop out for me so I now can get his tune revisions and upload them to the car. Not only that, but also showed me some basics for some adjustments, such as my idle timing, air controls and a couple tables for dialing in my AFR if I choose to lean it out a bit on my own.

I’m excited to hit the dyno. He seems to think it makes respectable power.

Reactions: 1 users
This update is for my dear friend Mike @CarMichael Angelo. I give him a fair amount of crap, and so Karma always comes around when one does that.

When pulling out of my tuner’s house Monday, his oldest son comes running to tell me I have a headlight out. My tuner had a 9007 bulb laying around, which doesn’t fit properly, but I needed something to keep from getting pulled over (Worked, but got pulled over anyway). We wedged it in and it seemed to be tight enough to stay for my drive home.

Last night I bought a pair of 9004’s. Drivers side took 3 seconds, passenger side...

4CD89017-2643-4A38-AE83-94220D23DA11.jpeg

I have a FB message out to Kevin @95steedamustang to see if he has a pair of done up OEM headlights I can buy.

• Surprised
This update is for my dear friend Mike @CarMichael Angelo. I give him a fair amount of crap, and so Karma always comes around when one does that.

When pulling out of my tuner’s house Monday, his oldest son comes running to tell me I have a headlight out. My tuner had a 9007 bulb laying around, which doesn’t fit properly, but I needed something to keep from getting pulled over (Worked, but got pulled over anyway). We wedged it in and it seemed to be tight enough to stay for my drive home.

Last night I bought a pair of 9004’s. Drivers side took 3 seconds, passenger side...

4CD89017-2643-4A38-AE83-94220D23DA11.jpeg

I have a FB message out to Kevin @95steedamustang to see if he has a pair of done up OEM headlights I can buy.

I didn't have nothing to do with your melty-gooey looking headlight..

So then,...Mike Sucks huh?????

How bad does karma suck?

Today was subframe connector day.

First I etch primed the top sides

BDB87A65-160C-4EEC-9B47-7B95611A64C3.jpeg

Then I started to fit them. The one piece seat braces are nice, except they didn’t fit. I had to cut the notches deeper to allow the SFCs to sit flush against the car.

0644854C-0953-49CB-8FD7-2DC199533C31.jpeg

Only managed to knick one of my thumbs in the process.

72DE59A1-A997-4918-982B-5D50FA0515C0.jpeg

My first welds were a little weak. Had to play with the machine to get them better.

801ACFAC-F6BE-4DB9-A5F3-3922487E1CFB.jpeg

4A41BD11-0D31-4BFB-BB96-8BA2EFCC4331.jpeg

They aren’t going anywhere now though. With that done, I can finish grinding and painting the underside of the car.

Reactions: 3 users
Stop being a wuss.. A poly trans mount is too harsh..?

If you ever ride in the monster, at ANY point in the future,......I'll make this commitment...

I'm not putting salve on your owies...and I'm not kissing your boo boos.

Now I understand why you'd want an antenna with a shorter shaft.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Of course I got the poly mount out easily enough and thought, “wait, I should find the nuts that go on the rubber mount while it’s in my hand.” I always thought I was good about keeping random nuts and bolts. That was until tonight when the stock ones are no where to be found of course. So much for installing it tonight.

Reactions: 1 user
Stop being a wuss.. A poly trans mount is too harsh..?

If you ever ride in the monster, at ANY point in the future,......I'll make this commitment...

I'm not putting salve on your owies...and I'm not kissing your boo boos.

Now I understand why you'd want an antenna with a shorter shaft.
^^ This^^^ and now he can't find his nuts :oops:
:nonono: What can we do with him? :ban:Or we could let him stay in the 'what's it worth' forums

• Haha
My engine is somewhat aggressive and when idling it makes the insides of the doors rattle, as well as the metal roof trim plate over the back seat. Just trying to cut down on the annoyances a bit. Gonna keep the poly engine mounts, and start applying dynamat.

Will leaving the poly engine mounts in and changing the trans mount to a stock rubber mount cause the trans to become the weak point and put more stress on the trans mount? I'm in the process of changing all my stuff out to poly, and read somewhere that mixing poly mounts and rubber mounts could cause issues. I have no personal experience with it so who knows!

Will leaving the poly engine mounts in and changing the trans mount to a stock rubber mount cause the trans to become the weak point and put more stress on the trans mount? I'm in the process of changing all my stuff out to poly, and read somewhere that mixing poly mounts and rubber mounts could cause issues. I have no personal experience with it so who knows!

It’s exactly the opposite. If you have rubber engine mounts and a poly trans mount, you will hurt your trans because the engine can flex and the trans can’t. A rubber trans mount is fine with poly engine mounts because the engine’s twist is limited.

I see no issue.

What did you use for engine mounts? I don't think the rubber 'vert mounts from Ford are in production anymore.

I used energy suspension poly engine mounts. I can’t remember the part number off hand, but I remember ordering them over other brands because they are shorter than other brands. More like the convertible mounts.