o/r h, x pipe or pro chamber????

noslow5_0

Nov 7, 2003
dallas tx.
well now that my car past emissions with flying colors, my mac h pipe has been all cut up to allow for some universal cats, and i need a new one. Im tired of exhuast leaks, and having to tighten up ten thousand exhuast clamps..... so which would everyone recommend??? pro chamber, off road x or h pipe????

• Sponsors (?)

H pipe - you had one, maby a change would be nice, but then again, it's cheaper, and has the grunt to it....
Pro-Chamber - kind of pricy, but people who have them love them and say it makes the most power, definatly has a unique sound to it.
X-pipe - found on most competition racers, seems to be a favorite.

It's up to you, just pick something and go, it's not like it's permenent.

90mustangGT said:
H pipe - you had one, maby a change would be nice, but then again, it's cheaper, and has the grunt to it....
Pro-Chamber - kind of pricy, but people who have them love them and say it makes the most power, definatly has a unique sound to it.
X-pipe - found on most competition racers, seems to be a favorite.

It's up to you, just pick something and go, it's not like it's permenent.

u say the prochamber has a Unique sound? How so?
i was planning on going with mac prochamber, with mac pro dumps... but i was also thinking just a plain Mac O/R H... wondering what the difference in sound would be

Matts89LX5.0 said:
prochamber with a mac CATBACK (no dumps) would sound sweet...I've had an X-pipe with a mac catback and X-pipe with flows and both sound nice

ok well the x pipe with flows is basically what my setup will be since i have some 40 series on there now.... is there really any performance gain over any of them??? i know i seen a mac ad that said it gave a stock 5.0 like 35 more horse, while the dyno run was saying the car was only puttin 165 rwhp down stock, and with the p/c is gave it like 211....

ya gonna have to put one in for the mac prochamber if i had to re-due my exhaust that is what i would pick. seems to make the most power because of the mergeing of the exhaust gases into the big chamber. when people say a exotic sound they mean something you dont here everyday. on your average hot-tubed 5.0

well ive heard that with an x pipe it creates almost a vacum that sort of "sucks" the exhuast out of the system... dont know if this guy was full of b.s., but he has an x pipe on his stang and is runnin high 11's with a 150 shot on a stock motor....