Official 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Thread

thoughts on Kyle Petty? I was iffy on him. I think he's a great guy and does so much for the sport outside of the car, but on the other hand, he messed up a lot (which kind of makes it fun)

I like DW too, he's funny and full of knowledge, but he's way too much of a Toyota/MWR/KyBu cheerleader
 
thoughts on Kyle Petty? I was iffy on him. I think he's a great guy and does so much for the sport outside of the car, but on the other hand, he messed up a lot (which kind of makes it fun)

I like DW too, he's funny and full of knowledge, but he's way too much of a Toyota/MWR/KyBu cheerleader

I do like the Fox coverage better, but I agree they need to gag DW with all the Toyota praising, and GET RID OF THE DIGGER CRAP!!! :nonono:

I guess Jeremy thought if he was actually ON speed he'd drive faster.
 
Digger sucks and so does Fox. They're all about gimmicks and catch phrases.

Fuel mileage races suck. I'd rather see a competition caution with 20 to go than see everyone backing off and half of the cars running out.
 
exciting finish none the less. I also hate it when waltrip talks to the drivers in car, hes so annoying w/ the phrase's he uses, talk about dumbing down the sport. At least we dont have to hear his stupid crap for another 8 months.
 
Id like to know what combination of over the counter drugs would cause a positive test result for meth. What a bunch of :bs:

Pseudoephedrine is a/the precurser to Meth. That's why they moved it behind the counter. :shrug:

The similarity in chemical structure to the amphetamines has made pseudoephedrine a sought-after chemical precursor in the illicit manufacture of methamphetamine and methcathinone. As a result of the increasing regulatory restrictions on the sale and distribution of pseudoephedrine, many pharmaceutical firms have reformulated, or are in the process of reformulating medications to use alternative decongestants, such as phenylephrine. Many retailers such as Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, and Winn-Dixie have created corporate policies restricting the sale of pseudoephedrine-containing products. Their policies restrict sales by limiting purchase quantities and requiring a minimum age with proper identification. These requirements are similar to and sometimes more stringent than existing law. Internationally, pseudoephedrine is listed as a Table I precursor under the United Nations Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances.[2]
 
Nah, from what I'm hearing, the manufacturers are not happy having bloated spec cars and NASCAR may let them go back to unique bodies. The last real body in this series was the 1997 Thunderbird.

I missed the other thread, lol.
 
It would be great to see that, but this excerpt makes me fear the worse :(

2. Which could lead to more foreign manufacturers entering NASCAR: France revealed the foreign-based carmakers who have plants in the United States have expressed interest in NASCAR, and the sanctioning body is not opposed to accepting some of them.

With the Big Three automakers all struggling – only Ford has avoided bankruptcy, and so far has not needed a government bailout – Toyota now stands as NASCAR’s most solid manufacturer. Although France believes GM and Chrysler will continue their NASCAR involvement, there are outside options if needed.

Honda, Hyundai, Nissan, BMW and Mercedes-Benz all have plants in the United States, and Saturn could qualify once Roger Penske takes ownership. Toyota used its American plants to meet the criteria when it entered the sport.

“We have companies that are interested in particular in developing the North American market as robustly as they can,” France said. “And we’re all aware that there are lots of foreign manufacturers producing cars here in America. That was part of the rationale that Toyota used.”

This is shaky territory for France, who is walking the fine line between nurturing the industry and the expense of alienating a die-hard red, white and blue audience. While Toyota has proven its merits, some race fans still cannot stomach the Japanese automakers’ participation in a sport that showcases American-made cars.

Allowing a Honda or a Hyundai on the track might push some traditional race fans to the point of no return. But from a business standpoint, opening the gates would most certainly secure the health of the sport.

These aren’t the decisions that France and Co. will make anytime soon, and additional manufacturers can’t reasonably even enter NASCAR until 2011 or beyond. But if things continue the way they are going with Chrysler and GM, the foreign carmakers would be crazy not to try to capitalize.
Fryer's Five: Michigan - NASCAR - Yahoo! Sports

even more sad is #4 on that page. Could you imagine Petty name on Toyotas :(
 
I tell you what, make fun of "only left turns" in NASCAR all you want, but I really can't say I find the road courses interesting. It's more of a game of luck, hoping some douchebag rookie (like Hamlin, yeah, I know, he's not a true rookie, but he drives like one) doesn't spin you out (poor Boris Said)