Fox Opinions On Seats Wanted

Boosted92LX

It's only an inch or two. What's the big deal?
15 Year Member
Dec 19, 2010
I've got pretty nice interior, My upholstry is not worn or stained, just the old tweed fox seat foam is broken down and uncomfortable. I've thought about taking them to an upholstry shop to have them reworked (foam), but thought for the money should I just replace them? I like SN95 leather seats also, I had a car with them and considered that, but then today I got a catalog in the mail with these. Anybody seen these in person or sat in them? I'm a big guy about 6'1" and 250lbs, so not sure I'd fit in them.. Thoughts?

SVE Mustang S1 Racing Seats w/ Assembled Seat Tracks (Pair) (79-04)

• Sponsors (?)

It does state for a 34-36" waist so I'm out. Lol. I personally don't like their looks much and question the quality. I'd probably refoam the existing over purchasing those. I too am thinking I need to find some new seats. I just can't make up my mind. I'd love to find some new school ReCarros from a wrecked new mustang. Don't know if they'd fit. A member on here installed some Shelby seats awhile back and they looked killer imo. :shrug:

It does state for a 34-36" waist so I'm out. Lol. I personally don't like their looks much and question the quality. I'd probably refoam the existing over purchasing those. I too am thinking I need to find some new seats. I just can't make up my mind. I'd love to find some new school ReCarros from a wrecked new mustang. Don't know if they'd fit. A member on here installed some Shelby seats awhile back and they looked killer imo. :shrug:

@hoopty5.0 was telling me he drove a new car with the recaros and the bolster poked him in the ribs... And the guy is SKINNY. No way would that work for me..

Sounds like you and I are in the same boat.. I guess I need to start looking for a good shop to refoam them..

Reactions: 1 user
Girlfriend has a set of Recaro's in her Focus ST. There's no friggin way I'd own a set of those on purpose at my size. IMO, they aren't designed for a guy bigger than 5'10, 185lb range. My lower back doesn't even touch the seat back when I sit in them. Thighs and ribs are killing me after a long trip.

buddy- it will be like stuffing 2 lbs of salami into a 1lb bag...lol. Those seats are way too narrow and the bolsters will drive you crazy. If you want comfort and price, hard to beat an oem seat. I have used both SN95 and new edge seats in fox body cars and it is night and day compared to the stock fox seats. I have black leather 2002 seats in my current car- 6 way power and comfy. Bolt right in

Now the backs are a completely different story. You can rerupholster your stock rears with the later model leather or do some trimming,fabbing to make the later model rear seats fit. Kind of a PITA and that is why my rear seats are still stock.

Reactions: 1 users
I've got pretty nice interior, My upholstry is not worn or stained, just the old tweed fox seat foam is broken down and uncomfortable. I've thought about taking them to an upholstry shop to have them reworked (foam), but thought for the money should I just replace them? I like SN95 leather seats also, I had a car with them and considered that, but then today I got a catalog in the mail with these. Anybody seen these in person or sat in them? I'm a big guy about 6'1" and 250lbs, so not sure I'd fit in them.. Thoughts?

SVE Mustang S1 Racing Seats w/ Assembled Seat Tracks (Pair) (79-04)
I'm having my 95 seats re-upholstered w new foam for $850. Sounds a lil high but it's a better deal than the tmi stuff. I browsed the web for stock 94-04 seats and they were $300-1,110 and in the about the same condition as the seats I have now. You know, not bad but about time to have them recovered. The sn95 seats do put a whooping on the foxes but what you'd pay for an immaculate set (if you could find one) you could've had your stock seats re-done. If you buy used sn95 seats more than likely you'll end up w a slightly more supportive (the slighty part is due to old foam) seat w the upholstery in the same condition as you have now.

i've had the sn seats in mine, and i switched back to stock fox seats. the fox stuff is just more comfortable to me (and i'm a big guy, 6' 300lbs), i dont slide around on the cloth like i did on the leather/vinyl, and my head doesnt hit the headliner. the biggest problem, at least for me, is durability. the fox seats will start to ganster-lean with a sneeze.

i've been eyeing the corbeau sports, theyre about the same price (within $10 it looks like) as those sve's, and they look way more comfortable for my fat ass.

buddy- it will be like stuffing 2 lbs of salami into a 1lb bag...lol. Those seats are way too narrow and the bolsters will drive you crazy. If you want comfort and price, hard to beat an oem seat. I have used both SN95 and new edge seats in fox body cars and it is night and day compared to the stock fox seats. I have black leather 2002 seats in my current car- 6 way power and comfy. Bolt right in

Now the backs are a completely different story. You can rerupholster your stock rears with the later model leather or do some trimming,fabbing to make the later model rear seats fit. Kind of a PITA and that is why my rear seats are still stock.

Hey Mike, would choose yours over say 2007+ seats? Pros/Cons?

I've never liked curved seats in a foxbody. They just don't look right.

I like the older boxy recaros, flofits, 4 eye halo, 79 pace car etc.

It kinda amazes me that fox seats got worse as the years went on instead of better.

IMO some of the best looking and most comfortable Fox seats are the SVO cloth pieces.Very similar to the later 4 eye cars but with larger bolsters.If and when my '86 seats need to be redone I'll be purchasing the SVO seat foam and reproduction cloth covers.
1986_00017_05.jpg

Then there are the vintage Recaros,same as the aforementioned Pace Car/Cobra seats that just have a cool look to them.I would go this route if a rear seat delete was ever in my future.
myeHuB5xfN4FN2bmuQ6cZEg.jpg

IMO some of the best looking and most comfortable Fox seats are the SVO cloth pieces.Very similar to the later 4 eye cars but with larger bolsters.If and when my '86 seats need to be redone I'll be purchasing the SVO seat foam and reproduction cloth covers.
1986_00017_05.jpg

Then there are the vintage Recaros,same as the aforementioned Pace Car/Cobra seats that just have a cool look to them.I would go this route if a rear seat delete was ever in my future.
myeHuB5xfN4FN2bmuQ6cZEg.jpg
I'm going to have to look into getting the svo foam and combining it with my halo seats w/new upholsty. I think that would work for me:nice:

TMI products makes stock replacement seats and seats that use the stock frames but have different foam and different upholstery options. You can see their stuff on latemodel's site.

I went with the Corbeau seats and they really improved the driving experience. I'm adding the halo this spring. Now I'm only 5'8" 180lbs but my friend bought the Corbeau and he loves them at 6'3" and 295. He says in amazement all the time how comfortable they are and how they support him really well.

I just got back from getting my et streets mounted, and the shop I went to (solo performance) happened to have a corbeau sport on display. A quick test tells me I WILL be ordering a pair eventually.