Progress Thread Oregon Pace Car Story to Coolness

• Sponsors (?)

New Subject: Just finished preparing the rear hatch. Was/is there a panel that goes on the hatch? It seems there should be, but can't find photos. Thing It needs one so I am going to make one.

Attachments

• Rear Panel.jpg
    Rear Panel.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 1 user
Yes there is, most are usually broken where the screws go, I have mine but it's broken at the screw holes, I have a plan to make a cover out of abs or something and cover it with a matching gray vinyl or something.
Give me some ideas

New Subject: Just finished preparing the rear hatch. Was/is there a panel that goes on the hatch? It seems there should be, but can't find photos. Thing It needs one so I am going to make one.
I think it depends on the options on the car. I have three hatches sitting around, and the ones with heated rear glass have a cheap panel to cover up the rear glass wiring. My own hatch, and the one extra hatch don’t have the heated back glass and don’t have the panel.

I do not remember a panel on the hatch of my 79 when I drilled it for a spoiler Or hit my head on it. It did not have a defroster. The 90 has a factory spoiler, defroster and panel.

Thanks. I have three rear hatches. None have a panel, but all have defroster. I worked with ABS when I owned my company. Had several vacuum molds made.k Very expensive to have made, but was worth it. Had a gauge package for 64/65 Mustangs. Just remove old gauges and install the new gauge support. It was made to hold VDO or Auto Meter gauges with no mods to the OEM dash panel. Other was to hold LED brake lights for the 69 Camaro. Made this for the Ring Brothers at first. The LED panels were installed in the housing which installed just like the OEM light bucket. You can upgrade in about 2 hours. I can make a new panel. Gotta go, wife calling. More later.

I did three designs. Their 69 Camaro, the 65/66 white Mustang and the last was the yellow Pantera. Attached, find information about the 69 Camaro. I sold the company, but these are still selling well. Camaro and Mustang won the Good Guys car of the year. Only time the same design team won two times in a row...My claim to fame as they say.

Attachments

• 69 Camaro Press Release.pdf
    547.5 KB · Views: 160
Back to the Mustangs. I think I can make the panel. Would they be the same thru the entire Fox line? Think they would sell? Say at about $50+/- a bit plus shipping and PayPal fee. Depends on how much time to make them and cost of ABS sheeting. Pretty sure the cost has gone up. plus shipping and PayPal fee. Would take me a little while to make the design and rigging to cut them. They would be black or white panels. NOT molded like the above photo shows, but just flat and cut to fit. Just need to get my Mustang painted first.

You never know. My uncle, years ago, had some front valances for the 65-6 mustangs made in fiberglass because every one we got were bashed up and nobody had replacements, sold about a half dozen then someone started making replacements in steel and that was the end of that.
I think they would sell if inexpensive enough.

I know the problem. I changed the basic design of my LED lights about 10 times. Each better then the last. Had several companies copy them. A patent is good for about 5 minutes after you get it in the mail and cost about $5,000. I did find that answering the phone when a customer called and helped them with installation or just honoring the warranty was the number one thing that kept me ahead of the rest. PLUS I found a company in China that made a really bright red and white LED that was twice the power of the others I used and others used. The company also did not sell their LEDs to suppliers here in the states. I purchase directly. Cost about $0.003 more. But when your buying about half a million a year, that was a lot, but sure showed up when the brakes were on. Had a customer send a photo. With brakes on, the stop sign about three blocks away lite up. Showed the same sign with his brothers LED lights.......did not do as good. Anyway, I will make a panel and see how it goes. I will post here if I can figure out where.....I hear my cat calling for his ice cream...:)

Paint update. Well as you may know there are lots of fires here in Oregon. Eugene does not have fires, but they are very close. But we have ash falling for the past three days. Air is filled with smoke and ash. Painting is pushed back for at least a week. Get to go back over the body looking for more little dings and rough spots. Anyone know where these keep coming from? Must admit the garage is nice and clean after being washed and swiped so many times lately. Photos later. New project follows....

New Project. Well not being able to paint has created some time to work other items. For the 1979 Mustang center console clock and information thingie. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or information regarding how the wires hock up? Want to test mine before installing. Thanks