Performer to Performer RPM upgrade

Green Machine

Founding Member
Sep 22, 2001
Lakeland Florida
Looking for away to tweak a little more rwhp out of my 5.0

My 5.0 I/H with stock cam and 19lb injectors is putting down 284.9 / 312
I was thinking about checking eBay out and buying a Eldelbrock Perfromer RPM upper to hook up to my existing Performer lower.

I also need to upgrade to 24lb injectors at the same time. How much rwhp would the RPM and 24lb injectors make ?

Of course the other options are = Ed Curtis cam or MAC/BBK 1 5/8" LT's and a whole lot more money.

Let me know what you think. Thanks Dewman :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

your car will be able to pull longer, past 6k, right now i got stock heads, cam, and i got the performer rpm on my car because my other performer 5.0 upper had a vacuum leak (or so we thought, hehe), i lost some low end torque but the car pulls a lot harder

Green Machine said:
Looking for away to tweak a little more rwhp out of my 5.0

My 5.0 I/H with stock cam and 19lb injectors is putting down 284.9 / 312
I was thinking about checking eBay out and buying a Eldelbrock Perfromer RPM upper to hook up to my existing Performer lower.

I also need to upgrade to 24lb injectors at the same time. How much rwhp would the RPM and 24lb injectors make ?

Of course the other options are = Ed Curtis cam or MAC/BBK 1 5/8" LT's and a whole lot more money.

Let me know what you think. Thanks Dewman :nice:

I dunno how much more hp you would make but that sounds like a sweet setup, I interested to hear what you make.

In N/A form my car did not pick up anything at the track when I changed over. Not sure about HP numbers. The only thing noticable is the powerband changes. Where your use to shifting at 5500 rpm the RPM wants 6100.

ARed1995GT
Thanks for the info. I'll see if I can find a deal on one. GEF Racing has the FMS 24lb injectors for 199.00 wich is a good deal. I'll see what I do to get the project rolling.

5.0_GT_kid
I use to live in Seminole just south of you. My Mom still lives over there. She in her 80's drives a new Seville, and goes shopping at Publix's everyday. :D

Thanks Vib for the info. I took you advise a couple years ago and bought the Perfromer based on how well you liked the Eldelbrock products.

I really just need to add the RPM and 24's with MAC LT's and then reflash the Diablo chip and then see what happens.

Thanks,Dewman :nice:

Green Machine said:
5.0_GT_kid
I use to live in Seminole just south of you. My Mom still lives over there. She in her 80's drives a new Seville, and goes shopping at Publix's everyday. :D

Seminole is a nice town, Let me know if you ever come down to visit and we can get some stangs together and cruise for a nite or something.

17yrOldStanger

I'm running right at 32lbs of pressure according to my Kirban.

5.0_GT_kid

I'll do that. Years ago, before everything was built up on 113th it made for a great dragstrip. 1969-1975. Plus the deputies would let you go if you could out run them. :D

Green Machine said:
17yrOldStanger

I'm running right at 32lbs of pressure according to my Kirban.

5.0_GT_kid

I'll do that. Years ago, before everything was built up on 113th it made for a great dragstrip. 1969-1975. Plus the deputies would let you go if you could out run them. :D

Man I wish it was like that now. I'm gonna PM you with a link here

Talked to a tech at Eldebrock today. He said it wouldn't be worth it to upgrade to the RPM unless I was adding a bigger cam. Then he said I would see a nice difference.

I think plan B is in order here. Save the $$ up and get an Ed Curtis cam and add some LT headers. That should make a nice diiference. :nice: