Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

Woke up to valve cover removal. Clean and paint with New Ford Grey. Really like the normal look of that grey. The only problem with painting in Florida is humidity is so high you almost always get fish eyes. These turned out good enough, because you really don't see them all that much. Duplicolor Engine Paint doesn't do well with gas, and chemicals on it.

Attachments

• KIMG0764.JPG
    KIMG0764.JPG
    580.4 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG0767.JPG
    KIMG0767.JPG
    383.8 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG0769.JPG
    KIMG0769.JPG
    507.9 KB · Views: 89
  • KIMG0774.JPG
    KIMG0774.JPG
    494.8 KB · Views: 87
  • KIMG0755.JPG
    KIMG0755.JPG
    614.4 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG0773.JPG
    KIMG0773.JPG
    601.4 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Ready to flush out these injectors after I go to Main Street Farmers Market in downtown Sarasota for some shopping, and a nice lunch.

Attachments

• KIMG0757.JPG
    KIMG0757.JPG
    426.2 KB · Views: 79
  • KIMG0771.JPG
    KIMG0771.JPG
    498.9 KB · Views: 89
Did the injectors with no problems. A couple things, all my injectors had a pin sticking out of the hole but one. I love the color New Ford Blue when I get it outside i will get a good color picture. My valves, and springs look brand new. The original owner changed the oil regularly, and babied it.

Attachments

• KIMG0783.JPG
    KIMG0783.JPG
    477.8 KB · Views: 80
  • KIMG0780.JPG
    KIMG0780.JPG
    431.3 KB · Views: 87
  • KIMG0785.JPG
    KIMG0785.JPG
    423.2 KB · Views: 84
  • KIMG0784.JPG
    KIMG0784.JPG
    488.6 KB · Views: 84
How do I bend my Power Pipe back. It got bent, and needs a little bend. If I grab it with pliers it will scratch it. Need to bend it back with a rounded thing

Attachments

• KIMG0786.JPG
    KIMG0786.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 89
Damn, I'm done. I don't know why I fool with this car. Running rough with check engine light. Luckily it's nothing that can;t be worked on. Now I need a OBD 1 scanner.
Nah..... your not done. Take a break.... get a frosty beverage (or coffee,water, soda), and come back and double check everything! You’ll get it.

Yup, when the intake comes off somethings off, The only thing is one of my injectors didn't have a needle coming out of the hole. Do you know if a scanner would tell if I was having a problem with a single injector.

No wonder when somebody says " got a code " to newbies. Got a code reader and these codes above came up. Went out and I didn;t have throttle position sensor hooked up right. Code reader picked it up. Question: How good are these things with a studder. My car is missing a tiny bit. Can't see in these pics my newly painted valve covers but they do look good. I just unplugged the battery so the motor can re learn

Attachments

• KIMG0789.JPG
    KIMG0789.JPG
    413.4 KB · Views: 89
  • KIMG0791.JPG
    KIMG0791.JPG
    466 KB · Views: 94
  • KIMG0790.JPG
    KIMG0790.JPG
    465.4 KB · Views: 88
  • KIMG0794.JPG
    KIMG0794.JPG
    407.4 KB · Views: 85
  • KIMG0795.JPG
    KIMG0795.JPG
    552.9 KB · Views: 89
Woke up to valve cover removal. Clean and paint with New Ford Grey. Really like the normal look of that grey. The only problem with painting in Florida is humidity is so high you almost always get fish eyes. These turned out good enough, because you really don't see them all that much. Duplicolor Engine Paint doesn't do well with gas, and chemicals on it.
I have been using VHT on a lot of stuff for a while that does not need the high temp part because it makes for a smooth and durable coat. And I have it on hand.

Reactions: 1 user
Looking good Pete. How’d you get that intake pipe straightened out?
Took the claw part of the hammer and gently worked it. The car motor runs different. Can't put my finger on it yet. Not bad it just sounds different. Higher revs much smoother but down low it has a small miss. The more I read about the code reader, it seems it only reads electric issues. So I have to wonder if an injector is not pushing enough, or no gas it won't give me a code. It feels like a plug is off a little. I only drove a couple miles, but I'm glad it goes.

Reactions: 1 user
I have to go over all my work...I always can find a loose something. When I took my intake off I swear the two back bolts were very loose. My car sounds cammed at idle which leads me to think I have a vacuum leak. All it could be at this point is the EGR's common leak. I really like the code reader everybody with a Fox should have one. Thirty bucks at Auto Zone

Reactions: 1 users
I just ordered a set of four hole 19 lb injectors of E Bay..I think I made the right decision, and I would think from reading on here that the four hole is an upgrade. They have been rebuilt, and the sellers seems to be a guy who cares. $119