pics of car after lowered another 1/4", but is it too low in the front now?

1TRIKGT

Mar 31, 2005
Miami, Fl
I just rebuilt the complete front end of my 95' with all urethane parts; new steeda offset control arm bushing, steeda x2 ball joints, offset steering rack bushings, shorter end-links, strut, and front sway bar bushings. All this because I let a friend drive it and he over accelerated into a corner slamming the drivers side rime into a curb, bending it and destroying the front suspension. What do you think about the stance now? I cant decide if I want to raise it back up the 1/4" or leave it where its at.

View attachment 472028
View attachment 472030
View attachment 472032

• Sponsors (?)

hhmmmmm, well I guess it'll all come down to how often it bottoms-out and scrapes on driveways and whatnot. It would look better if both front and rear wheel-to-fender gaps were about the same, but I would not advise lowering the rear to achieve this :p . If it were me, I'd bring it up a notch. But its your car, I think you'll decide for yourself once you start driving it like it is.

Have you drove it like that yet? Mine sits abou that low now after the k-member install and it's a pain in the a$$ to drive now. My tires hit the inner fender liners when turning now and my exhaust scrapes on everything.
If you can live with it that low, by all means keep it that way cuz it looks awesome! I'll be getting some coil-overs soon to raise mine back up tho. ;)

bimmertech said:
for handlings sake you NEED to raise it up. even if you raise it up you will still need a bump steer kit for it to handle right.

looks wise--to low for me, but it's your car.

Handling is what Im worried about, if it doesnt handle good then Ill raise it up a little and I still need to get the bump-steer kit and c/c plates

1TALLMF said:
hhmmmmm, well I guess it'll all come down to how often it bottoms-out and scrapes on driveways and whatnot. It would look better if both front and rear wheel-to-fender gaps were about the same, but I would not advise lowering the rear to achieve this . If it were me, I'd bring it up a notch. But its your car, I think you'll decide for yourself once you start driving it like it is.

I have the rear higher on purpose, as of right now the front is dropped 2 3/4" and the back is down 2" but Ill probally end up lifting the front back to 2 1/2" it made a bigger differance than I thought it would lowering it the 1/4" but all i have to do is put the top spring isolator back in, so it wouldnt be hard. I still need to get rid of these ugly ass tri bars, I want to put 19 or 18's x 10 in the back and an inch smaller x 9.5" in the front. Also thanks to the guys that liked the look, I guess Ill wait till I gets the tags up to date and drive it for a few weeks to see how it rides and handles then Ill make the decision

:stupid:
Mine's lowered 2" and the mechanic who aligned it for me said the caster was maxed-out on one side, but its only off a tiny amount from the other side and not to worry about it (so far no problems). So with an additional 3/4" drop, I can't see it working too well without C/C plates. You might be eating up tires like that. I'd just raise it back up a bit and save the C/C plate money for something more enjoyable :D My $0.02

1TRIKGT said:
Handling is what Im worried about, if it doesnt handle good then Ill raise it up a little and I still need to get the bump-steer kit and c/c plates

if handling is what you are worried about then go no lower than 1.5" from stock and you need cc plates, no debate. you will also need center drilled rack bushings and a bump steer kit.