Progress Thread Project v6 What?!?!?!: 95 Saleen v6 Sport

The car is currently going through preservation mode right now. @95steedamustang has been taking panels down to metal to remove any bondo and sealing the car up to prevent any future rust while it goes into storage to wait its turn. He also got the powerful v6 running!

IMG_5485.jpeg

I was able secure documentation to prove this is truly a Saleen v6 Sport, so that made my week, I had zero doubts but having the paperwork to prove that is even better. This car even in the rough shape it is in, is the most "complete" v6 Sport I have seen. Most are missing things like the tail light covers, or suspension pieces, or the white face gauge cluster. This car has every piece but the supercharger (which I have though).

68142107412__7A86F2D0-0552-45B9-8F52-4583600A4A7C.jpeg

First up is to deal with this roof.

68191395022__8CBFAA72-468F-4BDE-B8C7-BB838B64C268.jpeg
Never thought I would like working on a V6 this much but this car is just cool. Altho not apprecited like the other Saleens…YET!! its one of the rarest you will find. This car will have its day.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

The car is currently going through preservation mode right now. @95steedamustang has been taking panels down to metal to remove any bondo and sealing the car up to prevent any future rust while it goes into storage to wait its turn. He also got the powerful v6 running!

IMG_5485.jpeg

I was able secure documentation to prove this is truly a Saleen v6 Sport, so that made my week, I had zero doubts but having the paperwork to prove that is even better. This car even in the rough shape it is in, is the most "complete" v6 Sport I have seen. Most are missing things like the tail light covers, or suspension pieces, or the white face gauge cluster. This car has every piece but the supercharger (which I have though).

68142107412__7A86F2D0-0552-45B9-8F52-4583600A4A7C.jpeg

First up is to deal with this roof.

68191395022__8CBFAA72-468F-4BDE-B8C7-BB838B64C268.jpeg
The only roof that is in worse condition at that location is the roof on my donor Notch... yours at least looks salvageable. I'm at the point where it might have been easier/cheaper to replace the roof skin (and add T-Tops) and the floor pan on the donor than it was to do the unibody on my notch.

The only roof that is in worse condition at that location is the roof on my donor Notch... yours at least looks salvageable. I'm at the point where it might have been easier/cheaper to replace the roof skin (and add T-Tops) and the floor pan on the donor than it was to do the unibody on my notch.
Easier/cheaper hardly ever Corresponds with Doing it right. To me saving a car you’ve owned for 10+ years makes it worth it. Otherwise anyone could just go buy someone’s elses project/build and go with it. But wheres the fun in that

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Easier/cheaper hardly ever Corresponds with Doing it right. To me saving a car you’ve owned for 10+ years makes it worth it. Otherwise anyone could just go buy someone’s elses project/build and go with it. But wheres the fun in that
I want to keep this car as original as possible as well. I know I could find factory parts and replace but I do like keeping the original parts when possible.

• Agree
I was talking about Kevin.

A little birdie told me you are doing a DOHC swap in your car.
I know, I was giving Kevin a hard time...

And yeah, you can see pics of the cobra in my thread. Also he told me you're the one I emailed about the adapter harness, I just laughed cause he could have told me that when he directed me to the site to check it out.

And yeah, you can see pics of the cobra in my thread. Also he told me you're the one I emailed about the adapter harness, I just laughed cause he could have told me that when he directed me to the site to check it out.
Going to check out your build thread now. I recognized your username from your e-mail address when you sent the e-mail. Some of us were out last week due to COVID.

So first thing on the list for this car is striping the roof, remove all bondo and sealing it up.

IMG_5569.JPG
IMG_5816.jpeg
IMG_5853.jpeg
IMG_5856.jpeg

Plus you have to make sure you have the correct shifter knob for the car......

IMG_5490.jpeg

I like Astrid! Or maybe Mighty Mouse?
So Astrid is the 97 S281, I like Mighty Mouse. I will put that up on the board.

Another one of my cars is "1 Slo Six" or "One Slow Six" but when it was being built it was project "Bandai" after the Tonka Transformer Mustang Car from the 80s....

I give them internal project codes/names because I have an inventory system that I put all the parts and money spent on them. Everything from oil changes, plugs, filters goes into that system. This way I know what all is in that car.

I have people already freaking out on me because I'm going to put either a Holley Dominator or MS3Pro Ultimate in this car.