Rich and Lean at the same time?????

98yellowstang said:
First of last week I put a ProM MAF on the car. It was used but still in excellent shape. All this did was move the bucking to a different RPM now at like 1100-1200 it really bucks. And it seems like its down on power throughout the whole rev range. It hasn't stalled yet. But it doesn't matter the weather now it will buck anytime.

Any more ideas?

Later
Jason

Maybe you should see if you can find a shop with an autotap, so you can get some realtime diagnostics. Your dealership probably has one. The cost of the diagnostics, may save you from buying anymore parts you don't need. Good luck!

• Sponsors (?)

Pulled the codes again:

P1131
P1151

With the new ProM mass air meter it seems to have changed its actions. No longer is it having the mentioned problems above with the stock MAF. It is now has a hanging idles sometimes: IE: start up and go, car idles at 500 and doesn't want to move no matter how long you wait to step on the gas. Also sometimes, especially after the low idle goes away it will high idle after being driven, the tach. stays around 2k RPM.

As for the bucking all it did was move to around 1200 RPM it does it all the time but it just gets worse when it raining.

AutoTAP: My cousins garage supposedly hooked it up all of the sensors are reading normal only codes that are dropping are the ones I can pull with the scanner. This of course was before the install of the ProM.

Just an update I am still trying to call people somewhat locally to see if I can get some help. No one around here knows what a 4.6 is let alone one thats modified. I need a 4.6 guru.

Later
Jason

I've got almost exactly the same problem, "P1151" engine code, bucking throughout the rpm's especially around 3k and the car always smells like raw fuel from the exhaust. I've tried a number of things, like plugs, wires and fuel filter, but none which have helped. Do you think we just need a good tuning or is their some other sensor messed up that we are over looking??? :shrug:

Wow back from the dead. The more I look back over this situation I think a custom tune would of done wonders for that car. Its already onto its 2nd owner since I had it. Man I miss it haha, but I have a new yeller to love now ... 04 Cobra!!

Good luck.