rim clearance

20001 mustang

Dec 6, 2009
i was thinking of getting myself a pair of 17x10.5" and 17x9" for my 2001. but next im gonna be doing my suspension with the road and track box from maximum motorsports. i think my car will be lowered about 1.5" with 315/35/17 on the back and 245/40/17 on the front would anyone expect a problem? anyone running 315s with their car lowered more than 1.5?
is it worth it to go 9 wide in the front also? i hear my turning radius might get worse

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_0093.jpg

I'm lowered an unknown amount, but it's a lot. The rears are 10.5" wide rims wearing 335/35/17s. I fit 315s before with no issues at all. I also have 9" wide rims in the front with 275/40/17s, and it tramlines pretty hard and rubs the swaybar at full lock. It's never really bothered me, but if I had the option to do it again, I would do 8" wide rims and 245s simply for cheaper tires and less tramlining.

^^^^^ how'd you get that low!

I have 10.5x17 back 9x17 front.. 315/35/17 rear and 275 front.. hardly rubs on front (def not enough to do anything about it).. doesnt rub at all on rear. on my 2001 GT.. lowered an unknown amount but more then 1.5in i'd say.

CIMG1166.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

I'm lowered an unknown amount, but it's a lot. The rears are 10.5" wide rims wearing 335/35/17s. I fit 315s before with no issues at all. I also have 9" wide rims in the front with 275/40/17s, and it tramlines pretty hard and rubs the swaybar at full lock. It's never really bothered me, but if I had the option to do it again, I would do 8" wide rims and 245s simply for cheaper tires and less tramlining.

Sonic blue is such an awesome color. Nice looking car, man.
What percent tint is that, btw? I'm thinking of getting my black GT tinted, but not sure of the percentage; altough Illinois just passed a law stating up to 35% for front windows on 2 door vehicles.

Sonic blue is such an awesome color. Nice looking car, man.
What percent tint is that, btw? I'm thinking of getting my black GT tinted, but not sure of the percentage; altough Illinois just passed a law stating up to 35% for front windows on 2 door vehicles.

Thanks :nice: I'm tinted 5% all around. In Michigan, it's illegal to have ANY tint on the front door glass, but I've only been bothered once about it and I sort of had it coming. My radar detector usually lets me know when to roll my windows down, and if I do get pulled over I will have both windows already down and the dome light on.

Thanks :nice: I'm tinted 5% all around. In Michigan, it's illegal to have ANY tint on the front door glass, but I've only been bothered once about it and I sort of had it coming. My radar detector usually lets me know when to roll my windows down, and if I do get pulled over I will have both windows already down and the dome light on.

:D Gotta love the po-po. I'm leaning towards just 35% because I'd like it to be pretty dark, but don't want to get hassled by police (I live in the suburbs) and I do a lot of driving at night.