saleen susp vs. pro kit vs. anything else

iamgus_gus

Jan 28, 2006
ive noticed alot of people run the eibach pro and i read it lowers 1 inch

ive also looked at the saleen suspension because it comes with shocks, springs, and sways for $800 (sounds like a good deal) but i dont know how much it lowers the car. any one know?

i dont want to sound too cheesy but is there anything else out there that lowers these guys more than 1 inch? i really dont like gap and i want to run 18s and not 20s

(hope this turns into a suspension thread, so speak your minds on the subject)

• Sponsors (?)

BMR is pimp!

Just about any lowering spring will produce the same effect in handling. If you want a sizeable increase, change your shocks as well (which you should do anyway). Tokico's look to be the way to go at the moment. I'm looking at coilover kits, but they aren't cheap...

Here's what I found

Eiback-Pro = 1.5" drop
Eiback-Sportline = 1.75"
Roush - 1"
Steeda - 1"
Ford Racing = 1.5" (it's the Eiback Pro)

Some cars will require other mods due to alignment. Anything over 1.5" will definitely require other mods.

iamgus_gus said:
ive noticed alot of people run the eibach pro and i read it lowers 1 inch

ive also looked at the saleen suspension because it comes with shocks, springs, and sways for $800 (sounds like a good deal) but i dont know how much it lowers the car. any one know?

i dont want to sound too cheesy but is there anything else out there that lowers these guys more than 1 inch? i really dont like gap and i want to run 18s and not 20s

(hope this turns into a suspension thread, so speak your minds on the subject)

Hello...Eibach's sportlines (p/n 4.10135) will give your 05 GT a 1.6" drop in the front and a 2" drop in the rear. (approximate) New pro-damper (shocks/struts) is now available for the 05-06 (p/n 35101.840). Front & rear sway bars available as well (p/n 35101.320). Check it out www.eibach.com :flag:

I have the Eibach Prokit on mine. That's the lowest I would go with a daily driver. I have to watch it over speedbumps, but it is easily manageable. New shocks/struts are definitely on my upgrade list. The ride is okay now, but there is a little too much bounce and bumpstop hitting over bumps. I think the lowering height is perfect though.

Pic of my '06 with the complete FRPP set-up.

Attachments

• Copy of mod1.jpg
    Copy of mod1.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 210
iamgus_gus said:

I am running the Eibach Pro kit with 20x10s in the rear, and there is about a 1" gap from tire to fender. But despite rim size, the tire gap will be the same. Like drooks said, for a daily driver there is no way I would go any lower. Right now my bumper is getting repainted for the second time:bang:

back_better.jpg

drivers_fixed.jpg

Attachments

• back_better.jpg
    back_better.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 48
  • drivers_fixed.jpg
    drivers_fixed.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 53