shop says my ignition is the cause to my overheating problems?

thehueypilot said:
I think I spotted the source of your overheating in your photos. Get rid of the filter your have spliced inline with your radiator hose. It not only cuts down on your flow (causing overheating) but could also break (plastic?) or blow off the ends of this plastic piece leaving you stranded or worse (engine failure). If a filter was that important to a cooling system Ford would have them in all their cars from the factory. IMHO

I don't personally like the plastic ones. The brass ones are the way to go IMO. The radiator filers are a nice item. Not all the casting flakes get removed by hot tanking/diping your motor. A lot of those flakes come out over time and clog yer radiator. If you keep up with the maintainance then you wont have a problem and your radiator will last forever.... practically.

I do agree that it would be a good idea to check/clean the filter.

• Sponsors (?)

mustang shoppe?

67boo2 said:
shiet thats a reputable shop , mustang shoppe here in San diego..I will try to pull my car out of there

I don't want to get into names but if it's the mustang shoppe on Poplar I assume you are talking about someone with the first initial T. I've always had good experiences with him. Back when we still had to get smogged he told me what to do to get it to pass when I had the wrong heads on that didn't have the hook up for the smog device. He didn't make any money on me. But the story does sound a little strange. I'll be curious what you find out. I never hurts to get a second opinion though. I do know another guy up here near me off Miramar Rd.

Let me know if you want the info.

Rusty67 said:
I don't personally like the plastic ones. The brass ones are the way to go IMO. The radiator filers are a nice item. Not all the casting flakes get removed by hot tanking/diping your motor. A lot of those flakes come out over time and clog yer radiator. If you keep up with the maintainance then you wont have a problem and your radiator will last forever.... practically.

I do agree that it would be a good idea to check/clean the filter.

Are you sure that's a filter?

Looks to me like someone spliced 2 different rad hoses together because the water pump outlet is on the wrong side of the engine for that radiator (or vice versa).