SLP Catted X pipe OR Magnaflow Catted X pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

Both are a quality piece, and I'm very happy w/ my Magnaflow X, but one advantage that the SLP piece has is that it can be configured for cats or no cats, or for LT headers (all bolt-on conversions). That's one feature I wish mine had...

Purebred said:
Both are a quality piece, and I'm very happy w/ my Magnaflow X, but one advantage that the SLP piece has is that it can be configured for cats or no cats, or for LT headers (all bolt-on conversions). That's one feature I wish mine had...

:stupid:

SLP gets the advantage there. Check out Bassani. A little more pricey but worth it to me. SLP, Magnaflow, and Bassani have the best quality of all the X pipes out there.

I love my SLP X. High quality, fit well, and sounds great both catted and catless. Passes emissions no problem with the cats in. Takes me about 30 minutes to swap the cats in and out with the race pipes. Overall, I think the SLP X is one of the best out there.

Steve777 said:
I love my SLP X. High quality, fit well, and sounds great both catted and catless. Passes emissions no problem with the cats in. Takes me about 30 minutes to swap the cats in and out with the race pipes. Overall, I think the SLP X is one of the best out there.

Are you just barely passing with the SLP or are you fine? I've heard the SLP cats aren't guaranteed for emissions but the idea of running straight pipes and being able to swap for emissions sounds really nice:D.
Thanks,
~A.C.

ACSPONY said:
Are you just barely passing with the SLP or are you fine? I've heard the SLP cats aren't guaranteed for emissions but the idea of running straight pipes and being able to swap for emissions sounds really nice:D.
Thanks,
~A.C.

Mine passes just fine, and the the check engine light wasn't triggered with the cats in either. I don't think they would make the cats if they weren't doing their job. Are you having problems with your UPR pipe passing?

I like my Magnaflow X. But I would have gotten the SLP X if I didn't get the magnaflow for $50 with only 3k miles on it from my friend :D

But if I didn't get that deal and had to do it over again, i would get the SLP X or possibly an H-pipe, because i like the louder rumble it offers.

Don't get me wrong, i love my X with the Loudmouths :nice:

i also bought slp because of the advantage of being able to change exhaust parts with out changing mid pipe. however i do think magnaflow is very quality also, as i do have their catback also. :nice:

i went with slp over magnaflow because its something different and the ability to easily swap between cats and race pipes, not to mention its easily adjustable if the exhaust tips get out of alignment (i have the slp loudmouth cat-back). could'nt be happier with it, and i cant wait to install my slp lt's.

that said, ive heard nothing but good things about magnaflow also. i wish i knew someone in my area with magnapacks so i could hear the difference. i think you'll be happy either way.

Steve777 said:
Mine passes just fine, and the the check engine light wasn't triggered with the cats in either. I don't think they would make the cats if they weren't doing their job. Are you having problems with your UPR pipe passing?

I haven't bought the UPR or any o/r yet. I've got the SLP LM and I'd like to stick with SLP for the exhaust. If the SLP cats pass emissions then awesome, I think I'll lean towards SLP.
~A.C.

ADRENLN said:
i also bought slp because of the advantage of being able to change exhaust parts with out changing mid pipe. however i do think magnaflow is very quality also, as i do have their catback also. :nice:

you satisfied with the combo???

Do you have the regular maggy mufflers or the packs?

clips?

The real diffence here is the fact that the cats unclamp on the slp where they are welded in on the magnaflow.

I would run both of them over the bassani as I have read about some horror stories when it comes to waranty and there cats.

I would peresonally run an off road pipe and just swap the stock catted pipe in for inspection.

I have read that there is not as much ground clearence with the slp but don't own it so that is hear say.

Lose the catts and go with the Mac Pro-Chamber X pipe. That's what I did and its a great pipe.

Mac Pro-Chamber X-Pipe
BBK Cold Air Induction
70 MM Throttle Body
18 inch Saleen Rims

I would run o/r but what happens if you get pulled over and they see that you have no cats? What's the penalty? I've heard a huge fine, I've also heard just a fix-it ticket.

ACSPONY said:
I would run o/r but what happens if you get pulled over and they see that you have no cats? What's the penalty? I've heard a huge fine, I've also heard just a fix-it ticket.

If you are in Cali, i think its like a $5,000 fine PER cat. or something completely rediculous like that. I would never run the risk of getting that in my opinion.

I have Jersey inspection to deal with, and thats gay enough. But fortunately i dont have to put up with California's ****ty laws :notnice:

sorry man i dont have any sound clips, but i can say im completely happy with the combo. it is however very different then the tipical mustang sound. i have regular magnaflows btw. it is more of a racey sound like a high performance race car rather then a muscle car. it is fairly quiet when not getting on it hard. i picked quiet on purpose so i get no cop trouble.

when i floor it it opens up and sounds pretty bad ass, again a different sound then every other stang. :nice: