Smoked 85 GT tails, anyone done this?

281pony

Aug 31, 2003
Oly, WA
i found a set of non-damaged 85 gt tails today at the junkyard and snagged them for next to nothing. i am getting my car painted on thursday-over the weekend. the dude does tail tinting and he is really good at it.

he did my current lx tails, im wondering if anyone has ever done this with 85 gt tails? i've never seen it done. im all about unique, but kinda want to see some done before i pull the trigger.

• Sponsors (?)

im kinda with you mike. i was scanning the pics of my old tails before they were tinted. i kinda like the look of nice vibrant tails too. maybe ill just re-paint them black and wetsand the lenses to look really nice and clean.

my car is white with the black stripe. ill probably just try and clean them. this guy uses paint/clear, not just the fast nightshades method.

im kinda with you mike. i was scanning the pics of my old tails before they were tinted. i kinda like the look of nice vibrant tails too. maybe ill just re-paint them black and wetsand the lenses to look really nice and clean.

my car is white with the black stripe. ill probably just try and clean them. this guy uses paint/clear, not just the fast nightshades method.

If your taliking about who I think you are, he did his 99 cobra tails(I know not the same, but have the amber like the 85 tails) and they look great.