Roush So where are the bottlenecks on my 2004 SC saleen?

THX 138

Oct 7, 2004
Los Angeles
the throttle body looked like a stock one bored out or something no? How many mm is it now? What are some other easy upgrades?

I have a family machine shop. Although I don't know how to do everything myself I've learned everything I've wanted to so far. We have 3 CNC mills, two with 3 axis and one with 4. They're kind of old fashoned so they're not up to doing complex surfaces unless I lean how to do them with loops like the old days when they were made.

• Sponsors (?)

I have an 04 S/C and I've done the following to mine:

Accufab 75mm throttle body,Bassani ceramic coated headers, Bassani o/r x pipe,Tunable Induction cold air kit,Chicane pullley,SVT focus fuel pump,SCT tuner,MGW short throw shifter, and 3.73 gears. These are probably the most popular upgrades on our year Saleen. Big difference in power too!

justin said:
I have an 04 S/C and I've done the following to mine:

Accufab 75mm throttle body,Bassani ceramic coated headers, Bassani o/r x pipe,Tunable Induction cold air kit,Chicane pullley,SVT focus fuel pump,SCT tuner,MGW short throw shifter, and 3.73 gears. These are probably the most popular upgrades on our year Saleen. Big difference in power too!
I don't have headers? Do they use the stock GT exaust manifolds? Do I have 6 cats?

cobra irs is just not worth the hassle from my experience. sure its a little bit smoother, but it was a pain for me to deal with. Get some MM LCA's and a panhard bar have at it.

No pics of anything that i know of, if you pull the blower off and yank out the intercooler, you'll see the huge gaps tha tneed to be covered with some metal tabs. The lower intake isnt that big of a deal, but when my supercharger got yanked, we noticed how tiny the ports were. Expected them to be bigger

Start with fuel pump mass air injectors, tb, 10inch open air filter, gears and a tune. OH a pulley too. Chicane intercooler is a good deal too. Like i said get a good sct tune, and enjoy the car, no other car like it thats for sure.