Some things did not age will on the Foxbody Mustang.

The Poison tape (and other pop metal hair band tapes) in a friend’s Mustang did not age well at all. Brett Michaels sings much better on tune now than back then, and Motley Crue is a dead band.
The brown/bronze and palomino paint colors and palimino interior vinyl look as bad now as they did new.
Hatches without a spoiler look only slightly better than a Ghia, 4 cyl notch.
Have I offended enough of Gen X and late boomers for one day? :jester:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

it's just the 4 lug holes in a 5-spoke hub design. It just doesn't look right considering it's a clone of a wheel that was originally developed as a 5-lug. Same deal with the SC.

Its just an opinion really. I wouldn't say I hate it though.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I like my cobras too that’s why I got them ......

Attachments

• 3114E967-828C-4C12-BC73-C13EB02BB1F7.jpeg
    3114E967-828C-4C12-BC73-C13EB02BB1F7.jpeg
    764.3 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 1 user
"...Why the hate..."
just to the eye,, balance, symitry, etc.
There's never any reasoning behind fashion.
Check hair cuts, clothing, homes or home furnashings, etc.
Some say "Form follows function" some the opposite. I thought
the Q was abt ("...age will...") durability - I still search for the headlght bezels.
(sun damaged - 'age well" no - baked'n cracked, colorless, etc - no junk yrds round here)

I was never a fan of stalker bumper

Steeda aero wing however has always looked good
Yeah, I think that the Aero wing was a decent and fairly subtle upgrade for the LX.

Even after all these years, I still think the regular old GT wing is my favorite fox body hatch wing. The Cobra wing is okay, too. The standard LX spoiler is completely inoffensive - with the way the hatch is shaped, the car needs something back there to balance it out - but also pretty plain. Wingless on a hatchback was always an awful look.

If I had a Coupe (or maybe convertible) I would definitely do some version of a lip spoiler.

35dbae3bc1474b5ec9a5eef0de794117.jpg

I still think this guy did the best on balancing the right size and craftsmanship for a trunk lid spoiler.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
"...Why the hate..."
just to the eye,, balance, symitry, etc.
There's never any reasoning behind fashion.
Check hair cuts, clothing, homes or home furnashings, etc.
Some say "Form follows function" some the opposite. I thought
the Q was abt ("...age will...") durability - I still search for the headlght bezels.
(sun damaged - 'age well" no - baked'n cracked, colorless, etc - no junk yrds round here)
And just when we thought that guy that made zero sense was gone……another steps up to take his place.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
The passenger's side of the dashboard was always odd. Were items smaller and better balanced back in the 1980s and early 1990s? Otherwise the passenger's is getting a nice surprise right in the face.

I wondered if the space was for an airbag they did not add in 87.
Definitely not. The passenger airbag is one of the things that nearly killed the Mustang.

C/D: Enough about the new, touchy-feely John Coletti. Let’s talk about your performance history at Ford. Tell us how you saved the Mustang.

JC:
I was born in Newark, New Jersey, but I was raised in Detroit from age three. I got the car bug in 1964, when the Mustang was introduced, so it  was special to me. And the Mustang as we knew it was due to be killed in 1993 or 1994. I was in the design center, and I saw this [mock-up of a] car and said, “What the hell is that?” As usual, I was sticking my foot in my mouth. They said it was the next Mustang GT. I said, “That is not a Mustang.” Later, of course, it went into production as the Probe.

C/D: And what about the Mustang?

JC:
The real Mustang needed to have airbags on both sides, and Ford was not going to retool the car. So they said, “What do you think you can do to save it?” I said, “I don’t know if I can do anything, but I’d sure as :poo: like to give it a try.” So we put nine guys together in the skunkworks. We came up with something they liked, and they let us build it.

Reactions: 1 users