Staggered Wheels?

I have always loved the look of girthy tires in the back and smaller tires up front. What would you guys recommend for rear rim size along with front rim size? if Pictures could be provided that would be a great thank you so much!

• Sponsors (?)

Does your car have traction control or ABS? If it does be aware that too much difference in over all tire diameter between front and back could trigger a false wheel spin alert.

Signed
Ward Cleaver

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Or you could just size the tires close enough in diameter that causing errors in the ABS/TC system is not a problem. I believe you are allowed up to 3" variance before the system generates an error (don't quote me)

I agree that the TC system is junk (although it did save me a few times in my '03 GT) but the ABS is something I would not want to sacrifice. Pick a set of 17x9/17x10.5" wheels, or 18x9/18x10 wheels and select a tire size that is close to the same diameter, like 265/45/17 and 295/35/17 or some other combination of appropriate sizes

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=265-40r17-295-35r17

17x9 and 17x10.5 with 275/40x17s in front and 315/35x17 in the rear (needs to be a bit lower though)
IMAG4309.jpg