StangNet '11 5.0 Notch Project

Mike - What provision does the harness have for VSS? I'm curious, since you are using a TKO, if the computer expects to see the VSS signal...you know, how the idle stays kicked up just a hair until you come to a complete stop? I know cars with a faulty VSS signal usually have an abnormally long idle hang when coming to a stop.

I ask because I have both a TKO 500 and a T56, and I'm trying to decide which one I want to use. The TKO would be easier because I don't have to do any fab work on the car - and I already have the correct driveshaft. If the ECU prefers to see VSS, then I might consider the T56...but then I cant get a speedometer reading to my older gauge cluster... argh.

While I haven't studied the coyote harness from FRPP, if it is like the 3v harness it does have signal wires that are to be tapped in to a vss signal. The TKO 500 has both a gear driven speedo output & an electronic one. It would be very easy to have both a functioning speedo & a vss signal.

From the Horses Mouth.

That's great information. Thanks for getting that for me.

I think I'll end up keeping the TKO, but I admit, it shifted like crap on my 5800rpm redline 5.0... I have no doubt that it's going to need some work to even THINK about shifting behind the coyote.

I really wanted the 6-speed but had not considered the fact that it has no speedo provision...darn.

Mike - have you seen thegearbox.org? - they have a "process" they say helps the TKO at higher RPMs. Hanlon also says they have cf blocker rings that do it too... Not sure which one of these I'll do, but I need to look into it.

Thanks again for the info.
Jeff

I set my engine back in. The alternator has plenty of clearance with the SN-95 sway bar mounting brackets installed in the fox location. Just one more problem solved.

I set my engine back in. The alternator has plenty of clearance with the SN-95 sway bar mounting brackets installed in the fox location. Just one more problem solved.

I was told using a late model swaybar will cause rack turning issues and some rack stops would need to be used as well as other issues.

I plan to just use the MM sway bar relocation brackets and see if that will allow it to clear.

I was told using a late model swaybar will cause rack turning issues and some rack stops would need to be used as well as other issues.

I plan to just use the MM sway bar relocation brackets and see if that will allow it to clear.

I used the fox sway bar with the SN mounts. There are no turning issues. I had to cut down the end links to get the bar strait.
Sorry for the Cell Phone Pic.

Attachments

• Sway bar.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 193
Mike, where did you source your AC compressor? Are the compressors the same from 05-11?

I have not went down the A/C road yet, that will probably be a later addition.

I have an 03 Cobra compressor new and fitted it to the engine, it would bolt on just fine but the pulley is out of line with the crank. :/ So it's not gonna work.

The 05-11 Compressor is what you will need.

You could run Manual brakes, but I really wanted to give this car the modern feel and easy cruisin, and some power brakes and power steering are a must.

We have the booster installed and are waiting on the power steering pump and bracket from KRC then we can plumb all the lines for the Hydraboost and the rack.