Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

• Sponsors (?)

I'm going to try it on my verizon droid mini dumb phone. The app works OK. The gauge editing is similar to TS.

I tried to load the tune you posted but got warning that it was running 3.3.0 instead 3.4.2.

It gave me 30 warnings about MSQ unit mismatches. Values not converted.

IMG_20170926_181403029.jpg
IMG_20170926_181339892.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a screen shot of the MSdroid app gauge I'm working on.
Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-17-23.png

This is what can be put on the gauges...

Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-21-36.png Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-21-31.png Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-21-25.png Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-21-17.png Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-21-11.png Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-21-04.png Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-20-58.png Screenshot_2017-09-26-19-20-53.png

Reactions: 2 users
This is the log from the tune. The IAC was hooked up to the point right after the throttle blip. Plugged it back up right before the next throttle blip. When I first started the car ( hadn't reset TPS @5.3 ) the car showed the highest vacuum I've ever seen 18in. That's not in the log though.

Attachments

• 90sickfox.rev.log.2.4_2017-09-27_18.44.54.msl
    3.5 MB · Views: 120
  • @90sickfox.rev.2.4.msq
    113.3 KB · Views: 141
I assume you mean 90sickfox IGN1 table. his tune is set for aluminum heads 9-1 compression and premium fuel. His WOT timing is 31* and I pulled .7* per psi from there. 24*total at 10PSI On a good day with great air, as the temps go up the timing comes down drastically. when intake temps go above 130* timing starts to reel itself in quickly. check the MAT retard table for this its the safety net for boost, that's the best I can do with no knock sensor.

I have however found that a steeper roll off in the wot timing makes for a smoother transition into boost. especially in a PD blower car [like mine] at this point I just want his car to idle smoothly [which is proving to be a real bear]

as for why I set my tables up this way its from reading many tuning tips from guys like Dennis Ramsey and Kenne Bell. Most supercharger kits are pullied for 6-7psi out of the box, and do not come with any BTM box. so an A9L running a Paxton or Vortec kit will do so at 28* total timing.

Most tuning "Experts" will start at .5* per psi from the get go

Last edited:
I could fly you up here...two tickets round trip from Florida. Might even be able to work out a rental car for about 20 bucks a day and a nice hotel suite.

Gotta be hard to do. This car is driving me nuts. I noticed the commanded RPM is 950....seems like MS is trying to control the rpm. As the PWM drops to bring the idle down it starts to surge worse. Then the MS commanded rpm will spike up to the hard idle rpm ( 12?? ) and try to bring it down all over again.

I'm going to have to dig into the car some more. It seemed kinda weird that the vacuum came up to 18in with the tps set at 5.? % It really makes me think the timing isn't right on my car. I'm going to order timing tape for the balancer and double check my timing settings. Now that I know it can make 18in vacuum I've got to figure this out. Its got to be something mechanical....or stupid. :bang:

Reactions: 1 user
This is the kind of thing that makes a lot of guys give up.

Do you remember how to lock the timing? It's in (ignition options/ wheel decoder) change it from use table to fixed timing punch in something easy to read and check away.
:chinif do this also cleans the idle up we need to check some hardware settings...

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not going to give up. This is just one of life's challenges. The other cars that people run this camshaft in only pull about 10 to 12in. vacuum. Guess we'll find out.

I've got to check to see what the parameters are for when the throttle is at 5 %.

I used the tune rev 2.4 and locked out timing. The timing offset was 10 degrees with 10 degrees commanded by MS. My balancer read 11 degrees. Set offset to 11 degrees and verified steady 10 degrees at balancer. Set to use table and verified timing. That's now spot on.

I adjusted the required fuel to 9.0 from 9.4 to get numbers closer to what AFR1 was showing in the table.

Then I adjusted the idle screw down just a hair and reset TPS..

Here is a short log. The engine was warm already from messing with timing. The idle seemed to get a little better but I have no idea what I'm looking at. smh...

Comparing this log to my rev.2.4 idle log it seems choppy.

Its about time for me to run through the rocker arms again...YAY !!!!

Attachments

• 90sickfox.rev.2.4.idle_afteradj_.2017-09-30_14.51.29.msl
    311.3 KB · Views: 119
@Blown88GT can I get a copy of your tune for review? I am leaning toward using a Maf sensor for my m112 install and want to see a running tune to base numbers off of.

Thanks.
I think you might misunderstand. The only difference from no-maf to maf is entering the maf curve for your maf & the VE table. Maf VE table is 100 in all cells. maf is only used for fuel; map is still used for spark table. You use the VE table only for trim to get a better idle.

I found an old thread by Googling.
http://forums.corral.net/forums/megasquirt/1724378-maf-vs-map-sensor.html

Last edited: