Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

Man, I don't expect anything from you at all right now. There's no way I could ever expect you to have the brain capacity for any of this.

I'm just posting as I could ....before I forgot and 3 months passed by.

My car is a toy... Seriously, I'd rather know that you and your family are OK. This car stuff can wait.

• Sponsors (?)

No it idled pretty good with the previous tune. No surging at all until fully warm...then it would surge 200 or so rpm.

I've come to the conclusion that my road is too short for a real log. The car cut off twice and the idle surges all over the place. in the beginning of the log I let the car warm up a little and the proceeded to back up to the top of my road. then drove down, turned around and came back up....at the end of that I hit the gas so I could see that point in the log. after thatI was pulling in the driveway. This thing needs tags...smh

Attachments

• scottsnewesttune1.1_2017-09-15_18.36.02.msl
    2.9 MB · Views: 148
  • @90sickfox.rev.1.1.msq
    119.8 KB · Views: 133
I've come to the conclusion that my road is too short for a real log. The car cut off twice and the idle surges all over the place. in the beginning of the log I let the car warm up a little and the proceeded to back up to the top of my road. then drove down, turned around and came back up....at the end of that I hit the gas so I could see that point in the log. after thatI was pulling in the driveway. This thing needs tags...smh
Try this one Scott. Idle may be off but the surge should stop.

Attachments

• @90sickfox.rev.1.2.msq
    119.8 KB · Views: 145
Thanx again, Steve. Here are my can specs..
Screenshot_2017-09-16-15-51-55.png

@90sickfox I tried something a little different on this one. your engine may be one of those that wants things way out of the norm, I think once the mat retard really starts when the car is sitting still its killing all the stability. so to combat that I added timing, cut back on the cold advance, lowered the mat retard amount and added the same amount that would retard into the idle advance curve linked to closed loop.

[I know its a lot to take in but bear with me]

If this does not work shut the idle advance off, unplug the iac valve and then hook up a vacuum gauge. What you are looking for is the combination of Timing/AFR that nets you the most vacuum. just like tuning a old carb. once that is achieved we can go back to the idle parameters.

the way it is right now oscillations with the iac unplugged is no Bueno. untll the idle is solid with all the helpers removed we will get nowhere. Don't forget to recalibrate the TPS

@Stinger I have started to implement some of the less used tables such as the mat/clt corrections tables. I found a table in a tune file that I will be using going forward rather that making one up from scratch. any insight on this as well as the mat retard tables?

Attachments

• @90sickfox.rev.2.Idle fix.msq
    119.8 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone interested in MAF tuning??? I wont be able to offer it until I find a test mule. now I know one of the nice things about the MS systems is the ability to toss the MAF to the side, however not everyone wants to do that. So that I may be able to include anyone who finds this thread surfing the internetz I want to tune a MAF car with MS based firmware/tunerstudio.
I already have a 90mm Lightning MAF and the correct .ini file to start the process, I may just tune my new m112 setup MAF.

Reactions: 2 users
With this tune the idle was just about rock solid for a while. Seemed to start and idle a lot better.

Attachments

• 90sickfox.rev.2.log_2017-09-17_11.49.09.msl
    2.6 MB · Views: 133
  • @90sickfox.rev.2.Idle fix.msq
    119.8 KB · Views: 144
I'm curious as to how your MegaLogViewer is set up. How are your boxes set up to the left ? Basically I want to know what you are watching in the log. I think if we were set up the same way it would help me with clarity of the logs. I had the free version but upgraded to the paid version and think I loss our previous list we put together when I set this up.

I was just playing around with PowerPoint making a screen recording. I want to see if I can accurately record audio and video with it. This way I'm not doing some odd camera recording. I will go over a log file and explain how I use certain fields along with scatterplots and the histogram tables.

Reactions: 1 user
ok you need fuel idled ok[ish] for being lean. This time unplug the iac and set the idle to 800ish and recalibrate the TPS you never entered CL idle in the last log because the TPS was stuck above the activation threshold.

Attachments

• @90sickfox.rev.2.1.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 169
I was just going to post that....after resetting the TPS the idle smoothed out a lot. Going to upload revision...now.

I data logged my setting of the idle. IAC unplugged- reset TPS- tried to adjust to 800rpm. At one point you should see the car idle perfect around 1100rpm. anything below 1000rpm became a challenge with idle surge. Down at 8-850rpm the car would die. That was about -.8 TPS reading. Resetting TPS still netted same result.

Attachments

• 90sickfox.rev.log.2.1_2017-09-17_16.03.31.msl
    3.4 MB · Views: 155
  • @90sickfox.rev.2.1.msq
    117.5 KB · Views: 274
Is anyone interested in MAF tuning??? I wont be able to offer it until I find a test mule. now I know one of the nice things about the MS systems is the ability to toss the MAF to the side, however not everyone wants to do that. So that I may be able to include anyone who finds this thread surfing the internetz I want to tune a MAF car with MS based firmware/tunerstudio.
I already have a 90mm Lightning MAF and the correct .ini file to start the process, I may just tune my new m112 setup MAF.
For a few years, I've been using MAF for fuel & MAP for spark. It runs better & is easier to tune VE1, since all cells are 100 kPa. VE1 cells are used for trim. You do need the MAF calibration curves for your MAF. I have all of them for the C&L's (now MAC).

Sweet that's great I would love that information. Fwiw I have adjusted maf tunes I have not however done one from scratch. I have read the documentation on it in length.

It's great to see someone else who has successfully tuned there car. I welcome your experience.