Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

ok here is a tune for you. I think we may have to do a live tune if this does not help, if you experience heavy surging unplug the iac valve again.... then pm me and i will shoot you my phone number.

Attachments

• TwoHawks777rev.3.9.msq
    119.5 KB · Views: 146
Well.... that's because we tuned the lope out.... do you want the choppy idle back?

Go ahead and give it a trip around the block I will need that to make further progress. I think it wants a bit more fuel on startup but I will make those changes along with the first cruise fuel adjustment.
Good luck with the first voyage.

Rough is a bit of an understatement.
lol it was in the "ballpark" i never saw it stall so thats a bonus. this copy should be much closer to something useable. Now the fun starts, getting the idle strategy set so that the car doesnt stall coming to a stop and working thru the bucking issues.

Attachments

• TwoHawks777rev.4.0.msq
    119.1 KB · Views: 178

A lot better! Thanks. Very much more driveable. I tried to get it to idle better without the surging when the car is not quite up to warm operating temperature. Looks like something that I will have to keep playing with.

Attachments

• TwoHawks777rev.4.0.msq
    119.1 KB · Views: 162
  • 2018-03-26_10.31.31.msl
    4.5 MB · Views: 131
A lot better! Thanks. Very much more driveable. I tried to get it to idle better without the surging when the car is not quite up to warm operating temperature. Looks like something that I will have to keep playing with.
Good to hear, this is my favorite part....... i need you to try some short wot pulls in first or second gear. How much boost are you expecting????? i saw almost 3psi in the last log. I richened this area up to prevent lean detonation, but as always keep an eye on the WB just in case.
Also once we get a bit closer to done with the tune i will want you to do a warmup enrichment autotune, i can do it manually but the auto tune is so much faster.

Attachments

• TwoHawks777rev.4.1.msq
    119.2 KB · Views: 137

About 10 psi of boost for now.

Let's say more 7 to 8 psi of boost for now. being gentle. The boost is set up to be on the high-end rpm. I think around 5000 rpm.

Attachments

• TwoHawks777rev.4.1.msq
    119.2 KB · Views: 173
  • 2018-03-26_13.48.42.msl
    4.2 MB · Views: 133
I am
It wants to stall out in idle now. Still surging.
Ok give me a bit I need to look into something. In the meantime I need you to source a small fuel filter that will fit in the vacuum line going into the megasquirt. Place the filter about 6 to 12 inches before the map sensor, this will act like a signal buffer.

Reactions: 1 user

Ok uel

okay fuel filter is installed about 12in before the map sensor.