Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

When creating the project, the window pops up where you type the project name and specify a firmware. You can power the ECU up and connect it to your laptop, then click "Detect" to grab the firmware version from the ECU. Another window should pop up that shows the computer searching for firmwares. It should find the match, then you can continue with the project creation. I believe from there, you'll set up the "project properties" (like units of measure and other details) and you should be done.

Sorry if this sounds convoluted, I'm reciting from memory while at work. If it doesn't work, we can probably get connected on Teamviewer and I can remote in and set it all up while you watch.

• Sponsors (?)

No, key does need to be forward so the Ms is powered up. If it does not connect still, hit the communications tab at the top, then settings, detect, once it finds your MS hit accept.... then once you close the dialogue box it will give the 'which tune' prompt.

yeah thats the tune the shop did for you...
what issues are you having with it?

You mean after 30 messages I finally figured out how to complete the first step? I feel like the smartest man alive!

The only issues are on start up. Cold starts rev to 1800 for a few seconds, then surge for about 30 more seconds and finally settle down to a smooth idle. On warm starts, the car fires right up then dies. In which case, I have to keep it running for about 30 seconds and then it's good to go.

I'd also like the idle dropped a little. It's sitting around 950-1000.

can you take a datalog of the car running for us, in order to help fix these issues i have to see what area of the ignition table the car is idling in... they have alot of ignition advance in at idle, well over 30* in some areas this will cause a high idle. however some larger cams and high compression engines like/need alot of timing at idle.

can you take a datalog of the car running for us, in order to help fix these issues i have to see what area of the ignition table the car is idling in... they have alot of ignition advance in at idle, well over 30* in some areas this will cause a high idle. however some larger cams and high compression engines like/need alot of timing at idle.

30 seconds on start up or while warmed an running? The cam is extremely mild and compression is low, though the car is boosted.