Steve's Megasquirt/tunerstudio Help Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Wanted to drop back in a give a shout out to Steve (a91what), guy is a hell of a tuner. I've been working with him for over a year now as my combo has changed a lot over that time, and each and every time he gets this thing purring. Got into the 9's this week and couldn't of done it without Steve's help!

Reactions: 2 users
Wanted to drop back in a give a shout out to Steve (a91what), guy is a hell of a tuner. I've been working with him for over a year now as my combo has changed a lot over that time, and each and every time he gets this thing purring. Got into the 9's this week and couldn't of done it without Steve's help!
You know you're just supporting his crack habit :jester:

When wiring a perfect gauge with stinger
( MS3) Pimpxs and 14point7 spartan 3 wideband.
I have it wired as instructed by stinger ( wired in through the stock O2 wire harness) do I still wire it in the can bus wires, or will the gauge show the wideband sensors information through the Pimpxs to the perfect gauge?

thanks for any help

When wiring a perfect gauge with stinger
( MS3) Pimpxs and 14point7 spartan 3 wideband.
I have it wired as instructed by stinger ( wired in through the stock O2 wire harness) do I still wire it in the can bus wires, or will the gauge show the wideband sensors information through the Pimpxs to the perfect gauge?

thanks for any help
You use the analog wiring or the canbus to the ECU. If you have it wired in as an analog device the perfect tuning gauge will pick it up through the MS.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone run there charcoal canister with MS or is that something ill have to ditch? IF i ditch it, can i use the wires/pins from the solenoid to hook up a fuel pressure gauge?

Attachments

• attachment.php_attachmentid=58191&stc=1&d=1241921055.gif
    attachment.php_attachmentid=58191&stc=1&d=1241921055.gif
    22.6 KB · Views: 57
Does anyone run there charcoal canister with MS or is that something ill have to ditch? IF i ditch it, can i use the wires/pins from the solenoid to hook up a fuel pressure gauge?
You could get it to work with an output from MS. Mine is gone. Not sure if you could drive the solenoid directly or if you'd need a relay though. Steve could answer that (@a91what). If you ditch it, you could use the existing wiring for a fuel pressure gauge, but one side is tied to +12v and it would have to be broke out and re-routed. Not sure how much you want to hack up your harness.
88-91_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram2.gif

you would not have to ditch it, you are correct using Aled or Wled would both work to trigger the solenoid but the activation settings would be very limited by a MS2... I would think VSS TPS LOAD RPM and a time delay would all be required. This is possible to do on MS3 with loop functions and its greater capabilities but not easily. You would also need to trigger an input to the ecu for triggering table switch as the fuel demand will be altered, this could likely be accounted for with a well tuned EGO correction.

That's a perfect world, we can suffice with a single output and get okish results for this with ego tuned properly.
- set the load [map in most cases] greater than [a value in steady cruising in high gear or to help with false activation only just above the overrun region]
- rpm greater than 1300-1600 or so we dont want it active at idle to cause issues, we also need to make sure it comes on after the EGO gets the ok to work.

If you are wiring sensors that only get wired into the ECU [I assume no gauge in the car to wire up] and want to monitor fuel pressure https://lowdoller-motorsports.com has a fuel safe transducer 0-100psi for $35. These are what I use on mine.

Lots of good info here, i appreciate it. As for the canister iv been researching it and i came to the conclusion that if it works to leave it but with me swapping over to a Pimpxs it seems like alot more trouble then its worth. Ill just end up ditching it, just trying to figure out the best way to have the tank hose(in fender, under car?).

For the fuel pressure i do not have or need a gauge in the car, i thought it would be a benefit to have it show in MS. I have a
mechanical gauge under hood currently but can not see that while driving etc.

ok i just thought of something else, i was told i cant use the MAF wires to get FP readings to the MS either cause its 12v and gauges use 5v? but what if i have other sensors for gauges not hooked up? Example, i have a mechanical water and oil pressure gauges in the car so there wiring harness would not be used/needed?

pimpx is not your only option..

Thats a ms3x pnp for the fox $765 this one you can wire in what you need extra with just a handful of extra jumpers.

Lots of good info here, i appreciate it. As for the canister iv been researching it and i came to the conclusion that if it works to leave it but with me swapping over to a Pimpxs it seems like alot more trouble then its worth. Ill just end up ditching it, just trying to figure out the best way to have the tank hose(in fender, under car?).

For the fuel pressure i do not have or need a gauge in the car, i thought it would be a benefit to have it show in MS. I have a
mechanical gauge under hood currently but can not see that while driving etc.

ok i just thought of something else, i was told i cant use the MAF wires to get FP readings to the MS either cause its 12v and gauges use 5v? but what if i have other sensors for gauges not hooked up? Example, i have a mechanical water and oil pressure gauges in the car so there wiring harness would not be used/needed?

If you want to log it in MS, take a look at this thread and how I did mine. I used the EGR wiring since mine was deleted. You already have +5v and signal ground in that connector through the stock harness. I have a DIYPNP and just had to jumper the signal to an input and set it up in TS. https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/ms-diypnp-fuel-pressure-input.908088/#post-9157678

If you want to log it in MS, take a look at this thread and how I did mine. I used the EGR wiring since mine was deleted. You already have +5v and signal ground in that connector through the stock harness. I have a DIYPNP and just had to jumper the signal to an input and set it up in TS. https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/ms-diypnp-fuel-pressure-input.908088/#post-9157678

Thanks so much! I also am not using the EGR so that works out great.

Iv started doing my jumpers inside the case for the Pimp and was wondering if i put on the jumper for MAF and end up not using it is that a
issue?

Thanks so much! I also am not using the EGR so that works out great.

Iv started doing my jumpers inside the case for the Pimp and was wondering if i put on the jumper for MAF and end up not using it is that a
issue?
I'm not familiar with that system, but I believe it's set up as speed density, like mine, and you won't need the MAF. Steve should be able to answer that though @a91what

After installing the transducer do you just use a wiring pigtail and wire it into the factory EGR wiring? I didnt understand what you were talking
about when wiring the transducer to the EGR?

I was going to buy something like this with my transducer for wiring it in

After installing the transducer do you just use a wiring pigtail and wire it into the factory EGR wiring? I didnt understand what you were talking
about when wiring the transducer to the EGR?

I was going to buy something like this with my transducer for wiring it in
I used that same connector pigtail on the transducer. I had an EGR bypass plug that connected to the harness EGR plug when I deleted it with the stock computer. It kept from throwing a check engine light with the stock ECM. I took it apart and was able to make the connector work on the transducer pigtail and just plug it in to the harness connector. You may have to get creative if you don't have something like that available. I had something similar to this that I took apart and adapted. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335821607&icep_item=264314940770 .You have to be handy with a soldering iron to make it work.

Last edited:
I actually have one of those EGR delete plugs in mine also. Do you remember which wires colors connect from the pigtail to the stock wiring?
Looking at your diagram it looks like wires 27,46,26. Would 27 be the signal, 46 ground and 26 5v?

Last edited: