Stock dyno numbers? Mine were LOW.. I think.

grinder

Oct 10, 2005
Chicago, IL
I took a baseline dyno today on my 2000 GT. I think the #s look bad. Heres what I have.

Brand new bottom end with H beam rods and 1 point higher compression pistons. 2000 miles on it.
Gasket match porting on the heads.
BBK shorty headers
BBK underdrive pulleys
Stock airbox, mass air, throttle body, etc.
Stock exhaust
Stock 3:27 rear end gear

Here are my dyno #'s Taken on a "mustang" brand dyno.

RWHP 219.0 @4708 RPM 81.8 MPH
RWT 265.3 @3707 RPM 65.1 MPH

I found a site on the net where a guy listed his BONE stock 2000 GT numbers...he says absolutely no mods and he got

RWHP 227.5
RWT 274.7

What gives? Is my motor just a pig? Anyone else have stock dyno #s?

Here's my story. I had a rod knock, and ford woulnd't fix it. They said they would only replace my motor with a rebuilt unit for 6,000$ I paid my 100$ fee for them to tell me I had a rod knock, and took my car to the nearby engine shop. Had him build the bottom end for future add ons, and a couple extras.

Help me out yall.

Steve

• Sponsors (?)

grinder said:
I took a baseline dyno today on my 2000 GT. I think the #s look bad. Heres what I have.

Brand new bottom end with H beam rods and 1 point higher compression pistons. 2000 miles on it.
Gasket match porting on the heads.
BBK shorty headers
BBK underdrive pulleys
Stock airbox, mass air, throttle body, etc.
Stock exhaust
Stock 3:27 rear end gear

Here are my dyno #'s Taken on a "mustang" brand dyno.

RWHP 219.0 @4708 RPM 81.8 MPH
RWT 265.3 @3707 RPM 65.1 MPH

I found a site on the net where a guy listed his BONE stock 2000 GT numbers...he says absolutely no mods and he got

RWHP 227.5
RWT 274.7

What gives? Is my motor just a pig? Anyone else have stock dyno #s?

Here's my story. I had a rod knock, and ford woulnd't fix it. They said they would only replace my motor with a rebuilt unit for 6,000$ I paid my 100$ fee for them to tell me I had a rod knock, and took my car to the nearby engine shop. Had him build the bottom end for future add ons, and a couple extras.

Help me out yall.

Steve

Dont worry about it, like someone already said Mustang dynos tend to give lower numbers. Your only mods are shorty headers, underdrive pullys, and forged bottom end, but Im not sure if that would give you anything. It could possibly rob a few ponies if it's heavier than stock ****ty rods.

Just get some timeslips, and not worry about dyno numbers :banana:

Mustang dyno's read lower than the dynojet dyno, also shorty headers won't give much for gains and it looks like they dynoed your car in 3rd gear where as it should have been run in 4th resulting in scewed numbers.
What mass air, throttle body, etc. did you use?
Rod knock is also rare on the 4.6 unless you ran it out of oil, in which case you may have cooked your rings a bit.