• Off-Topic Hangout

Sunny day car wash

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jinx
  • Start date Start date Apr 2, 2022

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 2, 2003
12,166
4,237
223
Cat Country
Apr 2, 2022
#1
  • Apr 2, 2022
  • #1
 

Attachments

  • F6958AC7-F5BA-43F2-A2F5-6379C34CD2AB.webp
    390.9 KB · Views: 1
  • D8312B81-1CA6-45AF-9D9E-313322105B52.webp
    365 KB · Views: 2
  • C32DA035-D89B-4D85-90DE-B99539CB5955.webp
    338 KB · Views: 2
  • F0659A13-DBCC-463A-A5B9-0408D94AFE44.webp
    329.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 4B9E6E92-F01B-4AC3-B59E-7D78C0935A2A.webp
    307.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 509FD30D-AE94-4FA5-B99C-CFEDBAFCA058.webp
    540.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Bullitt347, RaggedGT, 7991LXnSHO and 3 others

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Apr 3, 2022
#2
  • Apr 3, 2022
  • #2
A beaut. I spent yesterday conditioning leather in 4 cars.
 

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 2, 2003
12,166
4,237
223
Cat Country
Apr 3, 2022
#3
  • Apr 3, 2022
  • #3
COramprat said:
A beaut. I spent yesterday conditioning leather in 4 cars.
Click to expand...
Part of your job or just maintaining family vehicles? I try and do as much as possible before the end of April. After that it’s Hell temps here in Fla.
 
Reactions: limp and Ronin38

Bullitt347

I have been doing it wrong this whole time
15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2007
4,020
3,018
204
Middle of Maine
Apr 3, 2022
#4
  • Apr 3, 2022
  • #4
Jinx said:
Click to expand...
Me likey!
On my wish list.
I would have one but my racecar keep spending all my money...
 
Reactions: Jinx

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Apr 3, 2022
#5
  • Apr 3, 2022
  • #5
Jinx said:
Part of your job or just maintaining family vehicles? I try and do as much as possible before the end of April. After that it’s Hell temps here in Fla.
Click to expand...
My wife's SUV, my Saleen and MKS and my dad's GT500. Temps here are approaching hell level as well
 
Reactions: Jinx and Ronin38

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,511
2,927
173
Florida
Apr 4, 2022
#6
  • Apr 4, 2022
  • #6
Jinx said:
Part of your job or just maintaining family vehicles? I try and do as much as possible before the end of April. After that it’s Hell temps here in Fla.
Click to expand...
Just finished watching 1883... Makes me want to load up and go to Wyoming and Montana this summer for a couple of months.....leave the HORRIBLE florida summer.....
Me and the pygmy pony........
 
Reactions: Jinx, Ronin38 and Potomus Pete

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Apr 5, 2022
#7
  • Apr 5, 2022
  • #7
Wyoming gets hot too in the summer.
 

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,511
2,927
173
Florida
Apr 5, 2022
#8
  • Apr 5, 2022
  • #8
COramprat said:
Wyoming gets hot too in the summer.
Click to expand...
Until you have experienced the Florida heat and humidity you haven't seen hot.... I had heard about high humidity in my 57 years in Oregon, but was not prepared for it....
I had been in Florida for about a year when I purchased my home ( it was cheaper to buy a home then rent a one bedroom apartment then).... I went out to trim some dead limbs from my oak trees and was pretty much done 15 minutes later.... Humidity is a killer here...
Rode my Harley all through the " Oregon Trail" country one summer.... No comparison..... I think I will start packing.
OH, and if you havent' seen 1883, watch it........ GREAT acting
 
Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
Reactions: Ronin38

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Apr 5, 2022
#9
  • Apr 5, 2022
  • #9
limp said:
Until you have experienced the Florida heat and humidity you haven't seen hot.... I had heard about high humidity in my 57 years in Oregon, but was not prepared for it....
I had been in Florida for about a year when I purchased my home ( it was cheaper to buy a home then rent a one bedroom apartment then).... I went out to trim some dead limbs from my oak trees and was pretty much done 15 minutes later.... Humidity is a killer here...
Rode my Harley all through the " Oregon Trail" country.... No comparison..... I think I will start packing.
OH, and if you havent' seen 1883, watch it........ GREAT acting
Click to expand...
I live in South Louisiana. Try hanging out in the humid swamp at 100 degrees.
 

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,511
2,927
173
Florida
Apr 5, 2022
#10
  • Apr 5, 2022
  • #10
COramprat said:
I live in South Louisiana. Try hanging out in the humid swamp at 100 degrees.
Click to expand...
Probably very comparable = Miserable
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,065
10,688
213
polk county florida
Apr 5, 2022
#11
  • Apr 5, 2022
  • #11
Funny, I can hang out on my outside patio, under the tree on the hottest day and be good but go downtown with all the concrete and asphalt and it's unbearable, Florida has it's perks, been here all my life, I don't complain.
 

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
5 Year Member
Oct 4, 2020
5,511
2,927
173
Florida
Apr 5, 2022
#12
  • Apr 5, 2022
  • #12
General karthief said:
Funny, I can hang out on my outside patio, under the tree on the hottest day and be good but go downtown with all the concrete and asphalt and it's unbearable, Florida has it's perks, been here all my life, I don't complain.
Click to expand...
forgive me, not complaining... I hated the Californians who moved to Oregon and do nothing but complain.... Just getting away for a couple of the summer months from Florida would be OK though..
 
Last edited: Apr 5, 2022
Reactions: General karthief

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
Apr 5, 2022
#13
  • Apr 5, 2022
  • #13
General karthief said:
Funny, I can hang out on my outside patio, under the tree on the hottest day and be good but go downtown with all the concrete and asphalt and it's unbearable, Florida has it's perks, been here all my life, I don't complain.
Click to expand...
I dig Florida. We've gone to the Redneck Riviera for 20 years.
 
Reactions: General karthief and Jinx
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Bay and Undercarriage wash?
  • SLOWBRA
  • Apr 6, 2021
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
26
Views
8K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 11, 2021
SLOWBRA
Electrical Dimmer Switch
  • Wayne Waldrep
  • Dec 4, 2021
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
5
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 4, 2021
Wayne Waldrep
M
94-95 spindles let's chat
  • Monkeybutt2000
  • Mar 13, 2022
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
6K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 17, 2022
HotFox
Contemplating ditching the PS and AC
  • mikestang63
  • Feb 21, 2021
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
58
Views
5K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 2, 2021
90sickfox
Drivetrain Inspecting a t5… what to check.
  • ChaseRoads
  • Mar 1, 2022
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
27
Views
4K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Mar 18, 2022
Mustang5L5
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Off-Topic Hangout
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?