t-tops stangs

As stated before, NOBODY knows how many were made. A magazine doesn't know. There is not published book that knows.

The book referenced above is titled The Official Ford Mustang 5.0: Technical Reference & Performance Handbook : 1979 Through 1993. It was written by Alan Kirschenbaum. People call it a "Ford book" either because it's available through the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog and carries an FRPP part number or the title says "official". But it is not a Ford book.

Even in that book it said about the '800' figure...."but this number has yet to be confirmed." I can point out errors in the book so don't take it as gospel.

The only person that mightbe able to tell you how many T-roof Mustangs were produced is Kevin Marti from Marti Auto Works. Marti Auto has gotten tons of paperwork from Ford and is in the process of sorting through it, and they are releasing production reports for cars as they complete their work. Right now the only Fox production reports available from Marty Auto are for the '79 model year.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm from Canada and I wroted to Ford.ca and sended an Email with my VIN to make sure it was a factury LX T-Top ... and they send me back a letter with all the optional equipement it was from the day one ! Including the t-roof !!!!

So proud now!!!!

hey where are you from in quebec?

On the sticker in the doorjamb, under the "S" category you will find one of three things. Blank = Hardtop, C = sunroof or D = t-tops. That is how you can tell if the car was equipped from the factory.
sure enough there is a "d' under the s catagory on mine but where did you get this infomation?its nice to know that mine wasn't some aftermarket hackjob.the title itself doesn't mention anything of the conversion.thanks for the info

As stated before, NOBODY knows how many were made. A magazine doesn't know. There is not published book that knows.

The book referenced above is titled The Official Ford Mustang 5.0: Technical Reference & Performance Handbook : 1979 Through 1993. It was written by Alan Kirschenbaum. People call it a "Ford book" either because it's available through the Ford Racing Performance Parts catalog and carries an FRPP part number or the title says "official". But it is not a Ford book.

Even in that book it said about the '800' figure...."but this number has yet to be confirmed." I can point out errors in the book so don't take it as gospel.thanks for the info i will be looking for this book whenever it comes out.foxchasis you are an expert it would seem on anything mustang .and here i thought you only knew about foureyed cars.

The only person that mightbe able to tell you how many T-roof Mustangs were produced is Kevin Marti from Marti Auto Works. Marti Auto has gotten tons of paperwork from Ford and is in the process of sorting through it, and they are releasing production reports for cars as they complete their work. Right now the only Fox production reports available from Marty Auto are for the '79 model year.
that book will definately bbe beneficial to all of us here .

Funny story.. I have an 86 pats car with t-tops. and there is no letter for t-tops any where even on the buck tag.. I even Matched it up to the decoder on FEP all the numbers on the car match also..

sure enough there is a "d' under the s catagory on mine but where did you get this infomation?its nice to know that mine wasn't some aftermarket hackjob.the title itself doesn't mention anything of the conversion.thanks for the info
The "D" T-roof code is well known, from decoding books. I have two. One is still in print, the other is not.

Catalog of Mustang ID Numbers 1964½-93 is the one still in print. As will most decoding books, there are some errors in that one too.

Funny story.. I have an 86 pats car with t-tops. and there is no letter for t-tops any where even on the buck tag.. I even Matched it up to the decoder on FEP all the numbers on the car match also..
A "factory" T-roof will have a "D under the "S" on the Vehicle Certification Label and a "TR" on the first line of the Body/Buck Tag.

If there's no D and no TR it is not a factory T-roof, it was done aftermarket.

The company (Cars & Concepts) that did aftermarket conversions or sold kits to their authorized dealers/installers was the same company that did factory conversions.

I have the Fox-Body Mustang Recognition Guide, 1979-1993. It is my bible.
The production numbers in that book are suspect as well, as they DID NOT come from Ford through any legal means. They were "snuck out"/"slipped out" by one or more Ford employees and given to Stew Jones of (now defunct?) Third Generation News and Beyond (.com). Stew was (still is?) an MCA judge. The FBMRG also has errors in it. One of the authors of the original version was Peter Sessler, whom also authored the Mustang Red Book...which also had numerous errors.