Tackeled Insane Wire Mess!

ry94stang50

Jun 21, 2013
Brick, NJ
So today I had some frwe time between jobs and since my drivers seat was taken out already because I was fixing that. ( cut wires and a horible pach job atempt by previous owner)(bad connection). Idecided to strip the entirw interior minus carpet and console. From there I tried to figure out why my radio was not working. Previous owner had a crqzy sound system in the car that was wired like a friggin monkey did it...completly gutten all the unneeded wires...about 200 $ worth all good wires. He completly wired everythin into the headunit and cut wll factory connections. I managed to wire the front speqckers back to the fqctory setup. The rears aftermarket speakers (really good ones too) so I have to wire them back up to the headunit. But a new problem arose but managed to trace it to the harness or a bad headunit....so while th interior was gutted I cleand the :poo: out ou it and now its damn near mint minus the seats. But even those are decent. Then I pjt everyhing back together and I'm really happy with what I got done today!

• Sponsors (?)

I spent the day yanking my dash apart as well. I pulled the instrument cluster out and cleaned the bugs out of it. Anyone have any good ideas of how to unglue the lens from the bezel? I cannot believe Ford glued that thing down. I did the best I could to clean inside the bezel, but I kept getting smudges, and there are areas that are hard to get into. I really wanted to remove the lens but I was afraid I would crack it. I did manage to polish out some scratches using some Meguires Mirror Glaze #2 Fine-Cut Cleaner. That stuff works great on the clear plastic lens by the way. But it isn't cheap.

Also, how does the bezel around the stereo come out? I noticed there were two screw locations underneath just above the shifter. But there wasn't any screws there. So I gave it a good tug, but it did not come out. I was afraid to pull any harder.

Also, how does the bezel around the stereo come out? I noticed there were two screw locations underneath just above the shifter. But there wasn't any screws there. So I gave it a good tug, but it did not come out. I was afraid to pull any harder.

There's a screw inside the dash that you need to remove. Pull out the factory radio, and there's a plastic support going from the front of the bezel back into the dash. There's a single screw on the left side that needs to be removed. The bezel is then held in place by clips - tug around the edges to get them to pop loose.