Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

I guess I fixed some other unknown issues while I was putting everything together. The car has always had a stock sounding idle, despite being told it had a cam when I bought it. Well it has a lumpy idle now. Probably has a letter cam in it.

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
I wasn't able to get anything else done this weekend, other than getting it running Saturday morning. Still have a few items to handle:

- check timing
- Still need to put the splash guards in.
- the pump for the washer fluid reservoir doesn't work, so that was a bummer. Need to fix it.
- Need to install rear bumper and cover
- fabricate and install battery mount for trunk
- put the panels, carpet, and stereo equipment back in the trunk
- Install tailpipes

I did a 65+ mile bicycle ride yesterday morning and was useless the rest of the day. I still feel awful.

I wasn't able to get anything else done this weekend, other than getting it running Saturday morning. Still have a few items to handle:

- check timing
- Still need to put the splash guards in.
- the pump for the washer fluid reservoir doesn't work, so that was a bummer. Need to fix it.
- Need to install rear bumper and cover
- fabricate and install battery mount for trunk
- put the panels, carpet, and stereo equipment back in the trunk
- Install tailpipes

I did a 65+ mile bicycle ride yesterday morning and was useless the rest of the day. I still feel awful.

Ouch! You going in to work?

Ouch! You going in to work?
Yeah, Im at work now.

I wanted to cycle yesterday but didn't get the chance. Weather was perfect too. What kind of bike do you have?
It's a Giant. Little big for me but it's my brothers that he's given me on long term loan. Im comfortable on 40-ish miles rides on flat land, but this was in the hills and the last 24 mile leg had the biggest hills and a stiff head wind the entire time. major suck.

Nice. I have a cannondale. I love it.
Im more into mountain biking, but am coming around to the road stuff. I may buy something that fits me a little better this year. He's 6'3" and im about 3" shorter so the handlebars are just a little further out than Id like. The MS150 is in March so I'd like to ride it balls out and see how I fare. It's Houston to Austin, TX. about 160 ish miles over 2 days.

Nah. According to the info that has been frequenting this area lately, having electronics missing in EFI cars has no bearing on how the car runs. I re-torqued my lug nuts and all was well.

This is true. The EEC doesn't matter. Leaving it out is like bypassing the throttle body coolant line. :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Ya know... Someone is going to find this during a Google search and toss the EEC in a parts bucket. lol
People use google ? I thought they just come here and ask a question followed up by telling you the answer .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
People use google ? I thought they just come here and ask a question followed up by telling you the answer .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Or use their one isolated experience to disagree with general consensus and imply you are an idiot..lol.

Reactions: 1 user