Progress Thread The Northwoods Notch

• Sponsors (?)

Had one of those myself. Fun bike.

7B6BE8E7-C7F0-4FA7-8143-65F04AF9E2F3.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Wow I haven’t been on the site for a while. I had a busy year but managed to pretty much just drive the car all season. Im not sure I did anything mechanical at all. I will admit, I did drive it less than normal because I was riding my motorcycle. I have a few parts to install this winter, I’ll keep this thread updated. Here’s a pic from this summer,
27D373F6-1AF7-49C2-B0D8-CB0474886CD8.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Wow I haven’t been on the site for a while. I had a busy year but managed to pretty much just drive the car all season. Im not sure I did anything mechanical at all. I will admit, I did drive it less than normal because I was riding my motorcycle. I have a few parts to install this winter, I’ll keep this thread updated. Here’s a pic from this summer,
27D373F6-1AF7-49C2-B0D8-CB0474886CD8.jpeg
I thought I saw you car for sale on Facebook. I'm serious.

Yeah, Exchange Street. My brothers comic shop (Casablanca Comics) is on Middle street, right near exchange street. Next time I am up there I will message you. I would love to meet up and check out your car in person.

Yeah, Exchange Street. My brothers comic shop (Casablanca Comics) is on Middle street, right near exchange street. Next time I am up there I will message you. I would love to meet up and check out your car in person.

Well :poo:. I was just there this past weekend myself. Literally drove right through that area, but in the midst of that snow-storm that hit last Sat night. Our Hotel was on Fore Street

Winter mod plans:
- Redo the battery relocation done by PO.
- Maybe a mini starter to eliminate starter solenoid and further clean up wiring.
- Bilstein struts
- MM clutch cable kit
- Exterior door handles I've been putting off because I don't want to remove my door panels lol
-Spare tire cover. Mine sags so bad because of the lack of spare tire. Will likely make one out of wood?

Still gathering these parts.. I have most but some are still in transit. I may install my Breeze Automotive left side alternator bracket while I'm at it. Undecided because this won't be necessary until the future when a vortech is installed (still eventual goal).

In other news, I will be building a new garage in the near future. Likely detached, unsure of size; thinking 24x24 to 32x32. I know 24x24 isn't exactly big enough but I already have 16x24 attached that I will be keeping. Playing it by ear and watching building material prices...

Last edited:
I have a 20x20 attached, and I NEED MORE SPACE. One side is an active parking spot for the CFO, so maybe that’s my problem.:jester: ...... but she does put up with me, so what can I say.

Winter mod plans:
- Redo the battery relocation done by PO.
- Maybe a mini starter to eliminate starter solenoid and further clean up wiring.
- Bilstein struts
- MM clutch cable kit
- Exterior door handles I've been putting off because I don't want to remove my door panels lol
-Spare tire cover. Mine sags so bad because of the lack of spare tire. Will likely make one out of wood?

Still gathering these parts.. I have most but some are still in transit. I may install my Breeze Automotive left side alternator bracket while I'm at it. Undecided because this won't be necessary until the future when a vortech is installed (still eventual goal).

In other news, I will be building a new garage in the near future. Likely detached, unsure of size; thinking 24x24 to 32x32. I know 24x24 isn't exactly big enough but I already have 16x24 attached that I will be keeping. Playing it by ear and watching building material prices...
Go as large on the garage as you can...I had a pretty good sized two-car garage, then knocked the back wall out and doubled its length. It's still too small.

Bill

• Agree
I plan to. But the cost to build, even a garage, up here in Maine is crazy currently. So that will limit me, not to mention I don't really want to pay 40% too much just to have it now. I am working on getting quotes however.

Tonight I did something I've been meaning to do for a long time; replaced my sad, saggy spare tire cover with 1/2" plywood. I also started making my battery cables. I am thinking about just keeping the battery on the left side for simplicity sake. I know that it's best to put on the right side but it looks like a massive pain in the ass to put over there (not level, fuel tank and filler, no space, etc.). Any advice on this?
FBCD2449-0911-47A3-A95B-FA3BF4DEDA03.jpeg

Also, I noticed this my BBK camber plates are starting to fail. The rubber is dryrotting. I am going to order a new set that are suited for coilovers. I've been thinking about switching to them someday.
0E033464-0A13-4B1A-A0B2-82EAF1A4FDAB.jpeg