The SN65 project car

• Sponsors (?)

Hi All,

Yesterday we went over our list and prioritized things. Wayne's main focus, as always, will remain on the remaining paint/bodywork. So, unfortunately for him, it will be more of the same. Sand and paint, sand and paint, sand and paint, sand and buff.

For me, it means all things mechanical. yesterday I modified the stamped aluminum sill plates to fit. There was some bending and cutting and some more bending. I will show you some photos when it is time to install them. Also, I had to prepare everything for the windows to go in. That meant that I had to alter (smack with a big MF'n hammer) the angle of the sun visor mounting brackets so that the 03 visors would sit parallel to the windshield opening. Wayne got me started, making sure that I understood the consequences if I missed my mark and hit the roof by accident.

This morning I need to install all the remaining windshield trim retaining clips . A relatively easy task once I locate and drill all the holes. I need to finish this, and get the headliner stretched, so that the glass guy can get the windshields installed.

So, by the end of the day, we should have the headliner and the front and rear glass installed (among a few smaller incidental items).

Catch ya'll l8r

66stangbluework said:
In my opinion you should put some fat 24 inch rims on this ride, it is hella pimp and needs some big shoes :) How much hp are you expecting it to put out?
Hi 66,

Actually, I am having Boyd work me up some 24's as we speak. He said "nothing says muscle car like a set of 24 inch boydsters." :)

Also, when all is said and done, we want about 500 to 550 RWHP.

GREAT PROJECT and beautiful craftsmanship!!:hail2:

Just looked at your website update for today and you were talking about the sill plates. Did you find/does anyone make sillplates that are more than the easily dinged or dented, thin gauge type? I'm on my third set because of their fragile nature and my son's soccer cleats and other garden-variety impediments to perfection on a daily driver.

Again - AWESOME!!

Hi All,

Are there any Ford part number guru's out there?

I need help finding two replacemants for the current parts I am using. The first are the sun vissors (I need Ford factory visors that are about 1" longer than the ones on the 03 Cobra).

Also, I need a longer rubber boot for the elctrical harness (the one that fits between the chassis and the door). The longer the better.

Any help would be appriciated.

Any ideas???

SN65 said:
Hi All,

Are there any Ford part number guru's out there?

I need help finding two replacemants for the current parts I am using. The first are the sun vissors (I need Ford factory visors that are about 1" longer than the ones on the 03 Cobra).

Also, I need a longer rubber boot for the elctrical harness (the one that fits between the chassis and the door). The longer the better.

Any help would be appriciated.

Any ideas???

This is my first post here, but I have been watching this project for several months. Now just get the blasted thing together already!:p

I will definitely give you props for all of your accomplishments thus far. It truly is an awesome project. I only have one question; why not use a newer, more refined chassis? I believe the 05 stang has similar dimensions to the classic stangs (at least in wheelbase), and is a more refined chassis and suspension.

As for your inquiries, I would look into a set of visors from an 89-97 Tbird. I believe they are just a little longer then the Mustangs. I have a 94 Tbird and a 95/96 Mustang, so if I get a chance, I'll go measure them both for you.

As someone else stated above, the rubber boots for the late 90s Explorer doors would probably be a safe bet. My mom has a 97, so I can probably measure the length of those too.:nice:

Thanks,
Rob

How long is long on those boots? I think the ones in my '02 150 are in the 5-6 inch range.

BTW, Excellent car, you, your brother, and your team have done an excellent job.

Have you decided on the window switches or still waiting to get the doors hung?

I know that yall are not plannin on a front spoiler, what about a rear one though?

p.s. If you want to graph a newer, (even better if Ford does bring out an '07) Mach 1 onto a '71, I have a donor car, as long as you promise to return the finished product to me. :)

some new pictures from Bob's car on the sn95 website.

drooool
marmotte.gif
marmotte.gif
marmotte.gif

05-12-16%20012.jpg

05-12-16%20011.jpg

05-12-16%20010.jpg

robj8hammer said:
This is my first post here, but I have been watching this project for several months. Now just get the blasted thing together already!:p

I will definitely give you props for all of your accomplishments thus far. It truly is an awesome project. I only have one question; why not use a newer, more refined chassis? I believe the 05 stang has similar dimensions to the classic stangs (at least in wheelbase), and is a more refined chassis and suspension.

As for your inquiries, I would look into a set of visors from an 89-97 Tbird. I believe they are just a little longer then the Mustangs. I have a 94 Tbird and a 95/96 Mustang, so if I get a chance, I'll go measure them both for you.

As someone else stated above, the rubber boots for the late 90s Explorer doors would probably be a safe bet. My mom has a 97, so I can probably measure the length of those too.:nice:

Thanks,
Rob

When they started this project, the '05's weren't out yet, and I think the '03 wasn't a pristine car, but I can't remember, I think that was a post that was lost in the Great Crash of '05.