Thinking of pulling a Bhuff...

mr_woodster

Jul 28, 2003
Riverside, CA
Hey, i was pondering today, since its taking awhile to get stuff done on turboswap motor....why not put in the la3 ,vam, injectors! I figure maybe get some of the wiring outa the way, and have my fuel system ready to swap over (since the only thing changing out is block/head , intake staying) any thing i should watch out for while running a n/a la3 setup? I espect it to run a little rich (*cough*) due to the 35's but anything else? thinking of pulling a bhuff ;)

• Sponsors (?)

:rlaugh:
It works fine. I will find out how rich it really is in a couple more weeks with stingers wbo2, but it doesn't seem that bad.
You may have to retard the timing a little. The turbo computer has a lot more advance at low rpms because the turbo engine has low compression.

i did this swap lb3 comp. big vam and injectors[35s] my car runs better but between 2500 and 3500 my car pings. could this be the timing? its set at 10 degrees and my fuel is 26 plugged up and in the 30s unplugged.What Do You Think?

that is definatly the extra timing making it ping.
If you were to install a wilder cam, that would decrease the cylinder pressures at low rpms, and make it less likely to ping. I found this to be a nice combination actaully.
As for the fuel pressure, it should be ~39psi with the vacume hose off.