Time to get Pimpin"

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
OK. Here we go. @a91what I am sure I will be in over my head real soon and will be in contact. So far I am just installing the files and reading. Really excited to set this up!

Chris

lQWwLG.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Yes it is. This was what you suggested last month to me. I am reading and think I will wire it via an old 02 sensor wiring pigtail. It seems the easiest. (I'm still reading though so I may be ahead of myself here..)

Chris

I will for sure. I am a little intimidated with this wideband wiring but I'm sure I can figure it out.

Chris
The wideband wiring is fairly easy. Most controllers have the 5v signal wire to tie into other programs. Simply splice this into the factory harness using an old narrowband connector and you’re good to go.

You go with the pimpxs?

Yes. Pimpxs.
You made a good choice, it’s a great system and about as easy to install as anything.
If just installing the controller and wideband it’s about an hr, then another 15 mins to setup tuner studios and it should start. Don’t forget to install the jumpers though!

Yeah I installed the jumpers. For the wideband 02 sensor, did you just remove the factory 02 sensor and replace it with the wideband or did you give it it's own separate bung?
The factory narrowband isn’t used at all so you can just install into that bung. You can also do a second if you like, but not at all necessary.
Assuming you have a gauge/controller which already sends power to the sensor, you just cut off the pigtail at the old narrowband and splice the 5v analog into said pigtail. That is all that’s required to read on the ms.

Nice! Thanks. Now that I have digested it a little it seems pretty straight forward. Thanks for the advice/help.

Chris
No problem
If it’s your first endeavor into self-tuning, tuner studios is great. The stinger base tune is actually somewhat good and will most likely at least start on the first try if fuel injector specs are in the ballpark. From that point you’re probably fooling around with warm up enrichment (wue) and after start enrichment (ase) depending on how things go.

Honestly the biggest thing I’ve seen people trip up on is the value for injector squirts per engine cycle. Seen this set to 4 multiple times with batch fire setups and it’ll never run right. Should be set to 1 for sequential.
Sweet, now I dont have to explain.:D
Thought I’d take a gravy one from ya :cool:

The 4 steps to tuning.

-Get the car warm and adjust the tune rough in phase.
-next cold start do wue auto tune and then fuel trims until warm fuel not as rough
-rough in transients, accel fueling ect. And ego.
- polish the tune

The most difficult part is timing transitions for smooth operation and idle settings. Wot tuning is gravy work I can teach a 6yr old to do it.

The 4 steps to tuning.

-Get the car warm and adjust the tune rough in phase.
-next cold start do wue auto tune and then fuel trims until warm fuel not as rough
-rough in transients, accel fueling ect. And ego.
- polish the tune

The most difficult part is timing transitions for smooth operation and idle settings. Wot tuning is gravy work I can teach a 6yr old to do it.

Then I'm in luck. I have an 8 year old...and he's really smart. :D:nice: