• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

tire help

  • Thread starter Thread starter orangefoureye
  • Start date Start date Jun 12, 2019
  • Tags Tags
    tires
O

orangefoureye

New Member
Jun 12, 2019
1
0
1
nanaimo
Jun 12, 2019
#1
  • Jun 12, 2019
  • #1
just wondering whats the biggest tire i can fit on my 85 fox it has mini tubs and rear coilovers on a 10 inch rims thanks
 

FastDriver

I was uncomfortably high & wearing a helmet
SN Certified Technician
Sep 5, 2001
6,149
2,784
224
Vass, NC
Jun 12, 2019
#2
  • Jun 12, 2019
  • #2
This is one of those, "dunno. How much tire can you manage to get under there?" kind of deals. Mini-tubs are not standardized. I'm running 28" 325s M&H Racemaster drag radials on the street with a whole lotta room to spare. I'm running a 28x10.5W (wide) slick, still with room to spare. I think I could still get 2" wider under there, but I didn't know that before I tried, and also, I think it will be really tough or impossible to find a stiff wall tire in the perfect size.
 
Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
B
Tire size question 1986 gt hatchback
  • B0udreaux
  • Jan 12, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
776
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 17, 2026
B0udreaux
B
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
409
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
2003 Mustang GT - Rear Tire Size Question
  • Cassiebaebae
  • Jun 29, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • 2 3 4
Replies
63
Views
2K
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
squeak93
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
325
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?