Trying to figure out my injector/MAF situation...

Mustang936590

Jun 22, 2017
Things I know for a fact, car has 24lb injectors and what looks like a stock MAF. The injectors and other top end work was done by the previous owner so I don’t know if any tuning was done for the MAF to match the injectors, what’s the best way to determine this? I don’t have any codes and it’s always ran fine, idles and drives good. If it’s not tuned for 24lb injectors I was debating putting 19s back in as 24 seems over kill for the set up I have right now.

• Sponsors (?)

Things I know for a fact, car has 24lb injectors and what looks like a stock MAF. The injectors and other top end work was done by the previous owner so I don’t know if any tuning was done for the MAF to match the injectors, what’s the best way to determine this? I don’t have any codes and it’s always ran fine, idles and drives good. If it’s not tuned for 24lb injectors I was debating putting 19s back in as 24 seems over kill for the set up I have right now.

There are a couple of things to address:

The first is to look and see what EEC you have in the car and look for a chip in the back that was previously mentioned.
Get the number off of the MAF.

24lb injectors can often be in the range of the EEC's ability to adapt under many circumstances. Used to be an old trick to get more fuel volume in both SD and MAF cars.

If it runs right, and isn't throwing codes, I wouldn't be in all that much of a hurry to start changing parts to see if I could break it. :nonono:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
What else is modified/updated?
Things I know for sure: top end was rebuilt and while that was done the 24# injectors were put in as well as a b cam (I know) and a typhoon upper/lower intake. He also at some point did the exhaust (shorty headers, off road h pipe and cat back). Last year I replaced the crusty throttle body with a 70mm Accufab, which I realize isn’t doing much with the stock heads.

That’s really all I know from what he had done. In the two years I’ve had the car I’ve just been replacing old and worn out parts, finished the interior and addressed rust issues so I’ve mostly left the engine alone. I’ve been hesitant to dive into upgrading the heads because I’m assuming the bottom end hasn’t been rebuilt and the car has 117,000 miles on it. Previous owner was supposed to send me all the engine upgrade info but never did so here I am.