Typhoon Intake = Edelbrock Performer RPM?

lucheski

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
May 19, 2004
I just bought a Typhoon Intake. Its on its way... I have read over and over again that the Typhoon and the RPM are virtually the same. I want to know if I can use the phenolic spacer kit for an Edelbrock Performer RPM with the Typhoon.

Good Article on the Typhoon:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2003/12/efiintake/index.shtml

1989 Grand Marquis 302 Block

Bored .030 over

Sterling Hypereutectic Pistons

1969 351W Heads (30 hours of hand porting)

60cc combustion chambers machined to 50cc

~10.5:1 Compression Ratio

Ford Racing F-303 Cam

Sealed Power Hardened Pushrods

Sealed Power Valve Springs

TRW Guideplates

Clevite Studs (For Roller Rockers)

Cloyes Double-Roller Timing Chain

Harland Sharp 1.6 Ratio Roller Rockers

A9L Mass Air Computer

70MM Cobra MAF

Chromed Cold Air Intake Kit

24lb/hr Fuel Injectors

3.55 Posi Rearend

Mac Equal-Length Shorties

Mac Off-Road H-Pipe with Flowmasters

3" Cowl Hood

• Sponsors (?)

i just read a magazine article on that manifold and they said an edelbrock upper will bolt to the lower, so it is basically the same.
i am trying to figure out how they are making that manifold legally, as in i'd assume edlelbrock has a patent on it.......unless they pay edlebrock royalaty but then i still would'nt see how they could still sell it so cheap.........i'd think edelbrock would be having a major cow over that so they must be involved somehow.

It is the same, and yes it will work. Unless you got a good casting though, you may have to hog it out a bit to make it worthwhile- the upper to lower ports aren't very well matched and adding another peice will only make it worse. Easily done with a dremel. Also, how tall is your cowl hood inside? That's a huge intake, and you may have clearance issues with a spacer. I had to send my spacer back because I didn't have room to use it.