Ugh Oh....... Coupe's got another fox!!!

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
Toms River NJ
First off. I'd like to give a HUGEEEEEE shout out to 25thmustang and his family. He saw in a thread that i was actively searching for a project and told me his father had something i may be interested in. HIS father made the 4 hour trip to personally deliver the car to me (since i had absoutly NO way of getting it to my house) and he was coooool as hell! We ended up BSing for over an hour about mustangs, cars etc..

25th next time you guys are at e-town LET ME KNOW so i can pay you and your father a visit and check out your sweeeet rides :nice: I told your dad when the car is finished i'd drive it to YOU guys this time, in part to show you guys, and in part so i can check out your stable!

Anywhoo on to the nitty griddy...

I bought from 25th's father a 1991 mustang LX hatch - no motor or transmission...

IMG_6205.jpg

IMG_6208.jpg

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6210.jpg

IMG_6211.jpg

IMG_6212.jpg

:banana:

Plans are to put a stock-ass 5.0 engine in there.. Maybe with some ported stock heads and a cobra intake. I'm done with hard core HCI cars, this one is staying for the most part stock with some bolt ons. I want this car to be a nice cruiser i can take on LONGGGGG vacations that is reliable, and can pass emissions and be streeeet legal...

i was thinking about painting it Sonic Blue.. See below:

View attachment 312450

with perhaps these rims:

View attachment 312451

The interior also is a MINT blue.. My first take was "SWAP" to black.. however the 5 people who have looked at it said the interior was in such good condition, to leave it.. What do you guys think??

Now for the final part, what should name this project????? I need suggestions!!!

I'm back with a stang!! :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Hey, glad you liked the car. I actually didn't realize until the day before he drove it down how clean the interior was. I said the same thing as you, too clean to change it out, and even smells like I always remember new fox bodies smelling. Theres a lot of blue in there, but would look at home with a blue exterior. Glad your happy with it, and it sounds like you have the right project idea in your head. Build it quick, comfy, and reliable.

My idea when sitting in it, was Windviel Blue (from the S197 color chart) dropped down and on some DD 18" FR500s would look mean as hell.

Did you see the passenger side rear tire yet? LOTS of burnouts must have happened with that car, lol.

Next time we head down there I will definately give you a heads up!

Hey, glad you liked the car. I actually didn't realize until the day before he drove it down how clean the interior was. I said the same thing as you, too clean to change it out, and even smells like I always remember new fox bodies smelling. Theres a lot of blue in there, but would look at home with a blue exterior. Glad your happy with it, and it sounds like you have the right project idea in your head. Build it quick, comfy, and reliable.

My idea when sitting in it, was Windviel Blue (from the S197 color chart) dropped down and on some DD 18" FR500s would look mean as hell.

Did you see the passenger side rear tire yet? LOTS of burnouts must have happened with that car, lol.

Next time we head down there I will definately give you a heads up!

The interior is just tooooo nice to swap out.. I mean I was sitting in it again this AM and i am just in awe of how clean it is. It even has friggen power seats!!!!!!!!!! So i think the interior will stay.

Windviel Blue isn't a bad choice either? I was considering keeping it white but i'm just a big fan of blue, and i think it will set off the interior a bit more. Worst comes to worst i could always swap the interior eventually, for the time being its nice.

My problem with the rims is, what do i get? Chrome? anthrite? polished lip with smoked inside? there are so many rim color choices for the FR500's. I'm also a fan of the saleen's in chrome, but i really wanted a DD rear.

PS that passenger side tire is hysterical :rlaugh: its the only tire not holding air too hahaha!

Nice looking base to an exciting project!
I'd say keep the blue interior as well. From what I can see, it looks like it's in excellent condition.

Hell yea it is! i'm going to clean it up with the wifey this weekend possibly and mess with my new camera to take some better pics of it. :nice:

Hows about project "blue balls"?

:rlaugh:

Any other ideas for project names????

That car is in excellent shape man,very nice find.i would keep the interior too,it doesn even look like ****ty blue,looks real nice.i like the white with the blue.

nice car...looks like its actually pretty clean, it will make for a nice build... dont know what you paid but it looks like you got a good car :nice:

jim

I got it for a great price, and they threw in some extras like a computer/computer harness, 3.55's and an 8.8 rear :nice:

Glad to see you back into it. Big ups to 25ths Dad for bringing it down to you. Great to see people helping each other in the hobby.

They are awesome people 25th and his fam :hail2:

Dude, blue balls is perfect :rlaugh:

:lol: You think??

:(

Anywhoo - besides project name, what do you fellas think about the sonic blue/ FR500 rim deal? Si o no?

I got it for a great price, and they threw in some extras like a computer/computer harness, 3.55's and an 8.8 rear :nice:

Glad to hear it. Too many people are gouging for fox parts. I have been shopping for an '89 wiring harness and am getting slammed.

I really like white personally but FR500s i'm definetely a fan of.

Trust me, Windviel Blue, lowered down on some DD anthracite FR500s would look down right pissed off. Tint the windows and keep the blue interior mint and I don't even think you would mind it too much...

I didn't know it had power seats, go figure!

Trust me, Windviel Blue, lowered down on some DD anthracite FR500s would look down right pissed off. Tint the windows and keep the blue interior mint and I don't even think you would mind it too much...

I didn't know it had power seats, go figure!

Yea i'm definatly going to leave the interior blue, just clean it up a tad but it really needs nothing at all!!!

Thats what i'm going for.. the Pissed off look.. I need to find a good spring though that will bring the car down enough to get rid of most of that wheel gap. I am definatly going DD's in the rear, and they are going to be 18's all the way. Your car looks with 18's for me to go any smaller!!! :nice:

This weekend im going to clean the up the interior, and start taking 4banger stuff out and the project threads shall begin :nice:

call it small balls, since you're only putting a STOCK :puke: 5.0 in there...

you can get reliable, drivable, etc...with lots of POWA!!!!

Go to downs, buy the new stock 302 long block, then throw the Trick Flow HCI setup on it. That'll be super reliable, drivable, and FUN!!!!

how about this:
5.0L/302 – 340 HP GT-40
ALUMINUM HEAD FORD
RACING PERFORMANCE
CRATE ENGINE ASSEMBLY
M-6007-XEFM* E303 Camshaft -
Auto or Manual Transmission
Spec Sheet

302 cubic inch 340 hp @ 5500 rpm 9.0:1 compression ratio (nominal) Forged pistons Forged steel connecting rods Hydraulic roller camshaft M-6250-E303, .498" lift intake and exhaust, duration at .050" is 220 degrees intake and exhaust Double roller timing chain set M-6268-A302 Nodular iron crankshaft Rear sump pan fits most Fox body cars Ford Racing aluminum GT-40 cylinder heads M-6049-X303 with 1.94" intake valves and 1.54" exhaust valves Roller rocker arms M-6564-B351 New block, oil and water pumps, oil pan, flywheel and harmonic balancer Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars and trucks Depending on your application, a different timing cover, water pump, performance oil pan and pickup may be required. See installation notes
M-6007-XEFM*
$4599.00